‘Bite the Bullet’ Coming In 2020
- Fantastic looking and deep mechanics.
- Coming to Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC.
- Class system is food-based.
Developer Mega Cat Studios and publisher Graffiti Games have released “Behind the Scenes” trailer for roguelite RPG Bite the Bullet. You’ll be able to see what happens when you eat your enemies, and the consequences of eating the wrong thing. Bite the Bullet is set to release on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam in Q1 2020.
Bite the Bullet will have players hurt their enemies with bullets before devouring them. Eating enemies gives you protein, fat, and other nutrients that are then used to craft new weapons. You’ll also be able to energize your skills via the skill tree and upgrade special attacks. Eat enough, and transform into the powerful Zombro form that allows you to smash enemies with your fists. Bite the Bullet offers three different branching skill trees to use that are based off of your diet.
Bite the Bullet uses a food-based class system. There are diet-based classes like the vegetarian Slaughter of the Soil, or the Gorivore which is considered the blood-soaked path. All of these classes are based on what you eat, and what you can eat. Every enemy you encounter will have their own nutritional information, and your body will react and change based on this. This will then alters your play style. If you eat too much fat, you will gain weight, sweat, and have sluggish mobility. Some other features are as follows:
- Customize Your Character & Weapons – Wolf down special types of characters and enemies to craft exotic new weapons and customize your character’s synergistic skill tree that offer abilities like Napalm Vomit and Appetite for Destruction.
- Transform into Powerful Zombro Form – Spice up combat to the next level by mutating into Zombro form and smashing enemies into bite-sized bits.
- Chow Down on Everything – Devour enemies, walls and even bullets to power up your character, weapons and abilities.
- Loot Powerful Weapons – Defeat enemies and take their mighty weapons with fun modifiers, like Spicy Critter Cannons and Organic Meat-Seeking Missiles.
Fans of classic Contra will enjoy this game. Bite the Bullet looks fantastic and I want to see more of it. What did you think about the trailer? Will you be picking up Bite the Bullet? What’s your favorite Contra game? To stay up to date, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, Discord, and their official website.