‘Bushiden’ Delayed Until 2021
- Now expected to release in Summer of next year.
- Several changes have come to the title.
- Delay to provide players with a better experience.
When I first discovered Bushiden back in October, I couldn’t wait for the title to release. Everything about it screamed that it was a day one purchase, with it’s futuristic ninja platforming and action segments. After having a successful Kickstarter, it seems we will have to wait a lot longer to get our hands on it. In an update post, developer Pixel Arc Studios has announced that the title has been delayed until Summer 2021, as opposed to its original goal of August 2020. When Bushiden finally releases, it’ll be available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam.
The delay doesn’t seem to stem from any development issues, as the core technology is said to be solid. The assets, such as art, music, and sfx, for example, are all progressing smoothly. Early impressions from current builds have been positive. The delay is to allow the team more time to polish the title, and to ensure that it exceeds all expectations. Areas that are being focused on are: combat, enemy AI, level layouts, and boss fights. The new trailer released with the news, has revealed that several changes have already hit the title.
The HUD has been updated, new music has been added, summons tech is shown off, shuriken animations are shown, and spell attacks are revealed. Players are also given a more in-depth look into the Shinesei Forest level. The developers want to remind players that this is all still a work in progress, but they expect the full release to remain relatively close to what is shown. If you’d like to stay up to date on development progress, these blogs are released every month. If you’re unfamiliar with Bushiden, some features are as follows:
- Your sister has vanished and rumors swirl that Gaoh has been resurrected with an evil army at his command.
- Explore for cybernetic upgrades until you are powerful enough to defeat the diabolic Gaoh and his cybergentic army!
- 7 levels to explore plus a prologue area!
- Survive epic boss fights to unlock new traversal and combat abilities!
- Unique “crowd control” combat system gives the player powerful options for dispatching hordes of foes!
- Revisit levels with upgraded abilities to unlock new areas and become more powerful!
- Beautifully drawn and animated pixel art! They don’t make games like this anymore!
- Purchase upgrades and Chi Spell Attacks from the Tech Shop!
Are you still excited for Bushiden? How do you feel about the delay? What would you like to see the developers add to the title in the meantime? For other indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out Cyber Shadow, Kemono Heroes, Windmill Kings. To stay up to date on Bushiden, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, Discord, and their official website.