Check Out Spaghetti-Western Puzzle Title ‘El Hijo’
- Will release on all current major platforms.
- No official release date or window confirmed.
- Solve puzzles as a six year old boy.
Developer Honig Studios and publisher HandyGames have announced their cute indie strategy stealth puzzle title El Hijo. El Hijo is described as a spaghetti-western, and it’s up to you to guide a six year old boy that is on a quest to find his mother. This is a non-violent experience, one that focuses more on the mischievous nature of children. El Hijo aims to provide you with a colorful adventure that anyone can enjoy, regardless of age. When the title releases, it’ll be available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC via Steam.
El Hijo places you in the shoes of a six year old boy who is on a quest to find his mother. Due to being a child, El Hijo must sneak around the world, and past the dangers that are there. Over the course of your journey, as you become more successful against the challenges, he will become more confident and cunning. This confidence will add more opportunities to get past your enemies. This journey will take the players to a remote monastery, a harsh and unforgiving stretch of desert, and a frontier town filled with crime and villainy.
The story begins after a farmer and her son are attacked by bandits. After destroying their farm, the mother leaves El Hijo at a secluded monastery in order to protect him. El Hijo quickly realizes that monastery life isn’t for him, and he escapes. Developers describe the core gameplay aspect as shadow play, meaning players will often need to hide to plan their next course of action. Variations to existing mechanics will present themselves over the course of your journey, as you venture into more dangerous environments. Other features are as follows:
- Survive the Wild West with the cleverness of a young hero
- Explore dark monasteries, deserts and boomtowns in a spaghetti-western world
- Merge with the shadows to hide from the lawless
- Solve playfully tricky environmental puzzles
- Use a playful arsenal of tactical toys to bypass and distract diverse desperadoes
- Inspire other children towards the path to freedom
- Enjoy the gripping storyline of a brave son searching for his mother
Are you excited for El Hijo? Do you enjoy titles that avoid violence in favor of more playful mechanics? Are there any other similar titles you’re looking forward to this year? For other indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out Light Tracer II: The Two Worlds, Flea Madness, and Doom Eternal. To stay up to date on El Hijo, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, and their official website.