Clash of Clans 2019 Summer Update
To start out, here is a brief overview of the Clash of Clans’ June 2019 Summer Update.
- League Shop price changes: Training potions are now 10x league medals, new Research potion that gives 10x speed for an hour is available for sale at 20x medals, and Builder potions now cost 30x medals.
- League Shop change: Each Individual Magic Hammer now has a 7-day cooldown when purchased.
- Collecting stars in Practice Mode, which currently count toward the “Get Those Goblins” achievement, is a bug they’re looking to get fixed.
- King and Queen max level is now 65.
- Grand Warden max level is now 40, and regeneration times have been reduced at all levels.
- Battle Blimp HP increased from 2500/3000/3500 to 3000/3500/4000
- Golem troop max level is now 9, has increased death damage on levels 5-8 and increased death damage splash radius.
- All new Hog Glider and Lava Launcher in Builder Hall 9
- Rage, Poison and Skeleton Spell max levels are now 6, and Skeleton Spell now produces a reduced number of skeletons at 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 respectively, which are now armored Skeletons that shed armor with damage, becoming Skeletons again.
- Earthquake and Haste Spell max levels are now 5.
- Mortar max level is now 12.
- All Walls are now upgradeable to level 13 (with appropriate Town Hall level).
- Requirements to get 3rd builder include building the new O.T.T.O Hut at Builder Hall 9 and upgrading it.
- Four requirements need to be met, one to unlock the upgrade feature itself, and one for each level.
- Obtain all three Town Hall gear ups (cannon, archer tower and mortar)
- Upgrade Cannon Cart to level 18 (max)
- Upgrade Mega Tesla to level 9 (max)
- Upgrade Battle Machine to level 30 (max)
- Once all upgrades are complete you receive O.T.T.O the robot, the second builder. The original Master Builder will then be able to move between your Builder Hall and Town Hall after placing down the new Master Builder’s Hut there.
The Summer update for Clash of Clans was packed this year with one update that stands out. O.T.T.O is a robot created by the Master Builder to assist in upgrading around the Builder Hall, and in turn frees the Master Builder to travel to and from the Town Hall, providing your Town Hall or Builder Hall a potential builder. All this comes at a hefty price; just unlocking the ability to upgrade O.T.T.O’s Hut requires the player to have all three geared-up defensive buildings in their Town Hall.
Since you can’t actually build O.T.T.O’s Hut until Builder Hall 9, it may take a while before you reach that level. My base (pictured above) is new to Builder Hall 7, which took me about six months to accomplish. I haven’t been maxing each building along with the Builder Hall, but no buildings or defenses were neglected. Who knows how long it will take to get to Builder Hall 9, especially if upgrades are kept up-to-level with the Builder Hall? Well, you’ll need to achieve this with your Multi Mortar, Battle Machine, Mega Tesla, and Cannon Cart at the least to get your second builder.
O.T.T.O’s Hut aside, plenty more additions like the Hog Glider, a neat troop that swoops in to stun defenses, which then becomes a normal hog rider upon impact, adds a much-needed dynamic to Builder Hall combat. The Hog Glider is now the second troop in the Builder Hall to target enemy defenses, with the other being Giants, which focus more on taking damage rather than doing damage. Now, Hog Gliders can be used to prioritize your attacks on key defenses to assist your other troops and keep them alive longer.
Interestingly, the new Practice Mode can be useful for getting some much-needed training at every Town Hall level, including the option of playing with a tutorial and/or practicing the attack without it. The tutorials are a good experience for new players, teaching you how to strategically place troops and when to use things like Spells and Hero abilities. However, it’s especially notable for players looking to make some quick, easy resources, as it rewards a generous amount of each with every practice completed.
Sadly, there is no more farming Magic Hammers from the League Shop. These powerful tools were created to provide the player with a means to quickly upgrade a building, troop, hero or spell, in exchange for around 120-150 League Medals. As such, they have now been set on a timer of availability. For example, if I were to purchase a Hero Hammer from the League Shop, I wouldn’t be able to purchase another Hero Hammer for seven days, while still being able to purchase the other types of hammers.
But I left the biggest, most intense, juicy bit for last. That’s right, the long-awaited feature has finally arrived! Loot Cart can now be moved with a Shovel of Obstacles. No more will you have to stress about your loot cart being in the way! Now, I’m sure there are some uses for this change, but aren’t those meant to be reclaimed?