‘Colt Canyon’ Releasing This Year
- Will be coming to Steam.
- Fight off a gang of bandits in order to save your kidnapped partner.
- Tons of collectibles, and characters to unlock.
Developer Retrific and publisher Headup have are expected to release their upcoming bloody and violent indie action rogue-like Colt Canyon on PC via Steam sometime this year. Players will shoot their way through a hostile canyon that is littered with hidden treasures, weapons, obstacles, and more. Despite being called a rogue-like the developers feel this isn’t a completely accurate description of their title, as runs are self-contained, and designed to ensure players are rewarded for their feats.
Colt Canyon is all about grabbing your revolver, and setting out to rescue your partner in an atmospheric and punchy roguelike-esque title. At its core, it’s a 2D pixel shooter in which you control a cowboy, or some other unlockable characters, and set off to defeat a ruthless gang of bandits that have kidnapped your partner. Players will need to shoot their way through a hostile canyon with some TNT. There are other people who will be available for you to save, but players will need to keep in mind that simply reducing your partner is only the first part. You still need to make it back home in one piece. Other features are as follows:
- Skill-Based, not Grind-Based Roguelike
- Range of characters and weapons to play and unlock
- Dynamic and immersive environments and enemies
- Fantastic Keyboard + Mouse Support
- Excellent Controller Support
- AI-Controlled companions
- Local Coop
- Upgrades for you and your companions
- Randomized, persistent and open levels
- Strategic stealth and fast-paced action
- Boss Fights
- Intuitive Gameplay
- Roguelike elements
- No forced grind
- Deep Game Mechanics
- High replayability
- High difficulty
- Endless Runs possible
- Beautiful minimalistic pixel art
- Easy to learn, hard to master
- Impactful particle effects
- Support for various screen resolutions
- A lot of polish
- and much more…
Are you excited for Colt Canyon? Will you be picking it up once it releases? What about it catches your interest? Is there anything that worries you about it? For other indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out MindSeize, Frozen Flame, and The Uncertain: Light at the End. To stay up to date on Colt Canyon, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, YouTube, Discord, and their official website.