‘Cosmic Defenders’ Releasing This April
- Pick it up on April 28th.
- A fast-paced shooter with co-op available.
- Versus mode allows for players to compete against each other.
Developer Fiery Squirrel and publisher Natsume have announced that their upcoming 2D planet shooter Cosmic Defenders will release on the 28th of April on Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop. In an interview with Nintendo Life, the developers revealed the title has been in development since 2017, and being a part of the Natsume Indie Program has helped the title immensely.
Cosmic Defenders is the perfect title for those looking for a fast-paced revolving shooter. The story follows an unconventional group of heroes who will use the power of nature to put an end to the havoc made by chaotic aliens. These aliens have their sights set on controlling the universe, and only you can put a stop to their destruction. To protect the galaxy from this wickedness, you’ll need to partner and cooperate with other guardians, as this is the only way to restore price in the galaxy across three different modes: Story, Survival, and Versus. Other features are as follows:
- Story mode introduces the Cosmic Defenders as they fight against a group of aliens that want to steal the Tree of Life, a sacred tree that maintains the balance in the universe.
- Players can advance through over 96 levels, each with unique challenges and ways to play.
- Survival mode lets players enjoy new levels every time they play to collect coins to purchase outfits with skill buffs.
- Versus mode lets players compete against each other, rather than aliens, because Defenders need to train too!
- Multiplayer strategic cooperation, involved in a chaotic fast-paced universe
- Powerups, special abilities that will help you protect the universe
- Different bosses in each galaxy to challenge your skills
- Unique challenges every time you play with your friends in free match / survival mode
- Secret galaxies and planets with special prizes and rewards
Are you excited for Cosmic Defenders? Is this a title you’ve been awaiting the release for? What other indie titles are you awaiting the release for? For other indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out Dread Nautical, The Vagrant, and Wingspan. To stay up to date on Cosmic Defenders, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and their official website.