‘Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled’s’ Neon Circus Grand Prix Starts Tomorrow
- Hefty amount of new content.
- Update coming free.
- Prestigious awards for making the top five percent on leaderboards.
Developer Beenox and publisher Activision have released details on the fifth free Grand Prix season of Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. You’ll be able to play the Neon Circus Grand Prix on the 8th of November. All the details can be read on the PlayStation Blog here. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is currently available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
There are three new karts to race on Koala Carnival in the Neon Circus Grand Prix: The Nitro Bumper Kart, the Pressurizer, and the Daredevil. The new Ring Rally mode is designed to put your skills and endurance to the test. From the moment you take off, the time begins to dwindle. To earn a high score, you’ll have to survive and collect rings. Each collected ring adds more time, and the rings boost your speed to get through the track faster.
Points are earned by collecting rings and finishing a round with time remaining. Each lap played in succession increases in difficulty. The optimal routes to collect the coins become smaller, making maneuvering into them require more skill. Set records, and then break them, to be called the best in Ring Rally. The blog posts some tops to make players better, and they are as follows:
- Boost Power: The more you boost, the faster you go. Collect the rings to get boosts and help maintain top speed.
- Get Those Rings: The goal if Ring Rally is to finish each lap and gain a high score. Rings add seconds on to your timer and give you more points making them twice as important.
- Navigate: Some shortcuts contain rings, others don’t. Choose your path wisely to master the best route on the track and take that knowledge into other game modes.
- Style Points: Sometimes you might need to change up your driving style to clock in the best time. Don’t be afraid to switch things up and experiment to find what works best.
- Keep On Going: Each lap, the rings get smaller and smaller, upping the challenge to collect them. Consider changing your strategy and speed as you progress to keep hitting those rings.
The Nitro Gauge has new rewards to be unlocked and plenty of challenges to accomplish. You’ll find plenty of new customization items in the Pit Stop, and new racers joining the roster. Race as Pasadena O’Possum, Ebenezer Von Clutch and Koala Kong. Players can earn this season’s Signature Decal and Champion Kart by making it into the top 5 percent of the Neon Circus Grand Prix Champion or Nitro Leaderboards.
Unfortunately Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is in my backlog, so I haven’t played it. For those who have, how has your experience been? Have you been having a good time? Excited for the latest new content? To stay up to date, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, and their official website.