‘Deck of Ashes’ Releasing in June
- Pick it up on June 9th.
- Has been in Steam Early Access since April 2019.
- A Day One Edition will be available for a limited time with extras.
Developer AYGames and publisher Buka Entertainment, with WhisperGames, have announced that they will release their upcoming 2D indie strategy adventure card battling title Deck of Ashes on the 9th of June on PC via Steam. The title has been a part of Steam Early Access since April of 2019, and this full release will feature a new character, a new story campaign, and three card archetypes. Players will also get an epilogue to the story as well. There will be a Day One Edition that will be available until the 23rd of June, and it will bring with it: an expanded art book, HD wallpapers, all character skins, digital bonuses, and the personal gratitude of the development team.
Deck of Ashes will provide you with an age rite title that’s filled with tactical card combat. Using one character at a time, you’ll lead a cast of antiheroes on their quest for redemption. Explore a cursed fantasy world, and hunt down powerful cards. Your survival skills will be put to the test, as will your resource management skills. Over the course of your journey, you’ll be able to hotheadedness your camp of allies. The decisions you make, such as where to go, what to collect, which card should you craft, etc will make all the difference between failure and success. New players to the genre will find tons of helpful tools to ease them in, and veterans will find more tools to use for their advantage. There are over 100 cards for each character for players to experiment with, and to combine with others. Other features are as follows:
- Creative deck-building – collect combat cards that fit your unique playstyle and crush the enemy!
- Unique hand-drawn eerie art style.
- Dynamic dark fantasy world – travel through a procedurally generated, changing world in search for cards, supplies and glory!
- Various biomes that harbour different monster classes – each biome affects the gameplay and offers a unique set of opponents!
- Survival and resource management – you have limited opportunities to restore health or spent cards, so use them wisely!
- Camp – strategically improve your base depending on your style of play.
- Permadeath – unless you use the help of dark magic, then when you die, you die for good.
Are you excited for Deck of Ashes? Will you be picking it up? For those who’ve played it during Early Access, would you recommend it? Why or why not? For other indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out Airport Contraband, Make Your Kingdom, and El Hijo. To stay up to date on Deck of Ashes, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, Discord, and their official website.