‘Empire of Sin’ Delayed Until Fall 2020
- Mobster themed strategy game has hit a small snag.
- Better to delay and release a good game than a bad one right?
- We’ll have to wait a little longer to unleash our inner Capone.
Spring 2020 was supposed to be the big one. Large and small, games were going to flow like water in a raging river. Instead, we’ve gotten delay, after delay, after several more delays. At this point it seems like only a handful of games will still make their early 2020 launch windows. Of course this isn’t a bad thing, it may be disappointing but it’s always better to delay a game and make sure all the pieces come together than releasing a broken mess. The latest game delay is one that you may not have heard about unless you’re always keeping tabs on the strategy game market.
Empire of Sin, the mobster themed strategy game set in the Roaring Twenties of Chicago’s urban sprawl has officially been delayed. The announcement came via Twitter yesterday:
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! We have an update regarding the release of Empire of Sin: pic.twitter.com/5EMq7QZYCU
— Empire of Sin (@EmpireOfSinGame) February 18, 2020
If this is the first time you’re hearing about Empire of Sin, it’s a strategy game developed by Romero Games and published by Paradox Interactive. Rather than dropping you in a military or sci-fi inspired warzone, you can instead indulge in lifestyles of the rich and famous with flashy suits, nice cars, and a lust for power. Of course these aren’t Hollywood celebrities we’re talking about, it’s the glory days of the different crime families that were rampant in major cities around the USA back in the early to mid-1900s.
Empire of Sin will be launching at a yet unspecified date in Fall 2020. Below you’ll find the game features as listed on the Steam page:
- Build A Crime Empire: Raise your criminal empire from the ground up by establishing rackets in your neighborhood (be it speakeasies, breweries, brothels, union skimming, protection rackets, or casinos) and recruiting a team of loyal mobsters to make your mark on the streets. Once you make a name for yourself, expand your influence by taking over rival territory and adding more ventures to your repertoire.
- Explore a Living, Breathing City: Take to the streets of vibrant 1920s Chicago and its distinct neighborhoods, such as Little Italy or West Loop, with real historical landmarks and events. Interact with a full cast of over 60 living, breathing characters with backgrounds that inform how they react to what you or other characters do. Each recruitable character has traits and relationships that significantly affect gameplay and vice versa. Schmooze, coerce, seduce, threaten, or kill them to get your way.
- Defend and Expand Territory: If it comes to blows, hypothetically of course, and your posse needs to send a message, face off in brutal turn-based combat. Recruit your goons strategically to build a strong chemistry within your crew to maximize combat damage and help secure your hold on the city.
- Wield Your Influence: Make and break alliances, bribe cops, and trade on the black market to gain an edge and expand the influence of your crime family. But always keep your enemies close and ensure you have a mole on the inside and eyes everywhere.
- Dominate the Neighborhood: Whether you make it to the top with violence, business smarts, or city-wide notoriety, there are a number of ways to become King or Queen of Chicago. With various starting conditions and constantly changing crew dynamics, no two playthroughs will ever be the same.
If you’re not already keeping an eye on it, now it’s on your radar. Expect to hear more over the coming months as development continues. If you’d like to follow the game more closely you can follow Empire of Sin via the official Twitter account for the game.