‘Fae Tactics’ Coming to Nintendo Switch
- Coming to Steam this Spring.
- Turn-based combat with no menu.
- A strategy RPG where fae and humans have conflict.
Developer Endlessfluff Games and publisher Humble Bundle have announced that their upcoming turn-based strategy RPG Fae Tactics will be making its way to Nintendo Switch. Originally Fae Tactics was only confirmed for release this Spring on PC via Steam. Graphically, the title looks like a throwback to classic RPGs, and that should make it a welcomed addition on Nintendo’s hybrid console.
The story of Fae Tactics focuses on a world of magic that was separated from the natural world by Elemental Gates long ago. Then one day, the seal on the gates was broken. This allowed for magical fae creatures, thought to be from myths, to enter into the natural world. This merger caused much destruction, as it was incomplete and imperfect. Inhabitants from both worlds lost their lives, and those that remained have begun to form new lives together. Now, however, tension between man and fae have begun to grow.
Fae Tactics will place players into the role of a young magic user named Peony. Peony will travel across a vibrant world that’s full of mystery and danger. Players will be able to summon allies, cast spells, and make friends with tons of different characters. It’s up to you to try and repair the growing hatred between man and the fae, and you’ll use the title’s menuless turn-based combat. Other features are as follows:
- Unique menuless turn based tactical gameplay.
- Manage the magical elements of your party to counter the enemies elements.
- Befriend a colorful cast of allies! Level Up and customize their abilities.
- Battle all kinds of Fae creatures and collect them into your team.
- Find powerful and unique Spells to help tip the scales in your favor.
- Traverse a variety of colorfully detailed environments in this isometric wonderland.
- Unravel secrets as you explore the various conflicts in the world in any order you want!
Are you excited for Fae Tactics? Is this a title you’ve had your eye on? What platform will you be picking it up on? For other indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out The Vagrant, Dread Nautical, and Among Trees. To stay up to date on Fae Tactics, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, and their official website.