Fight Behind Enemy Lines in ‘Partisans 1941’
- Will release on Steam.
- A real-time tactical stealth strategy title.
- Wage guerilla warfare against the German occupants.
Developer Alter Games and publisher Daedalic Entertainment are expected to release their upcoming indie real-time tactical strategy stealth title Partisans 1941 sometime this summer on PC via Steam. Partisans 1941 takes place on the eastern front of World War II, and you’ll be placed in the shoes of an army commander behind enemy lines. It’s up to you to use your group of Partisans to wage guerrilla warfare against the German occupants.
You’ll play as red army commander Alexey Zorin, a man who has escaped a Nazi prison camp. It’s up to you to gather a partisan squad of soldiers that were left behind enemy lines, as well as some locals. Players will live with their squad, travel with them, and lead attacks that range from small sabotage missions to attacks on the occupational forces’ authority. As players resist the German occupation Eastern Front during World War II, they’ll need to plan and initiate combat the best way they see fit. Make use of the tactical pause, allowing you to study the environment, and choose the best route for an ambush. When not in combat, you’ll need to build up your resistance camp that is hidden deep in the woods, as well as find new allies to join your cause. Other features are as follows:
- Fresh approach to the stealth tactics genre. A new way to play real time tactics – mix of combat, stealth, ambushes and a variety of special items to bring chaos to the enemy ranks. Choose your own way of completing each mission.
- Lead a squad of Partisans. Build a squad of your choice and level up your Partisans. Use your character’s strengths to find the right solution to different situations. Find and recruit new resistance members.
- Experience the life of a resistance group. In between missions you witness the routine of a Partisan’s life – develop your base, prepare for the next assignments, ensure you have the resources for the Partisan’s survival. Keep your troops motivated. Explore nearby regions, skirmish for enemy weak spots and opportunities to strike the enemy.
- A different perspective on WWII. Experience the story of fierce resistance against ruthless German occupation on the Eastern Front. See the story and motivation of different people joining the Partisan resistance, military as well as common folk.
Are you excited for Partisans 1941? Do you enjoy historical or military focused titles? If so, what are some of your favorites? Are there any other similar titles that you’re looking forward to this year? For other indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out No Straight Roads, Blightbound, and Greak: Memories of Azur. To stay up to date on Partisans 1941, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, YouTube, and their official website.