Starcraft pro beaten by AI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starcraft pro beaten by AI

Not sure if this was posted here before but a starcraft pro was beaten by an AI. I haven't watched starcraft esports in years so people more in tune with that community, what do you think?
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/half_dead_pixel/

First, Starcraft; next, the world!
    My Profile > Edit Settings > Account Tab > Scroll down to "Conversational Detail Options" > Click the Link > Eat a cookie

Please support my friend: https://www.patreon.com/mutantdonkey

Comment

Not a very well written article about it but I guess you mean this https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2019/0...n-players.html I'm very curious about how the AI computer's input and output was handled. The article seems to say it had the same view of screen as a human would for some matches but not all. No mention of its output. They would have to put some delay in there, the time a human (pro) would take to move a mouse. Very interesting, thanks for sharing

Comment

Good for the AI.

Comment

The real question is once technology is better than any human at sports and games, will people still watch it when there are no humans? Autonomous cars will make racing a dead job. AI will make chess a game of the past and E-sports will be toast.

I think many people will realize more how silly it is to watch something fun be played by others when its all robots and finally go outside and have fun kicking a ball themselves again. That is where the joy is. I don't want to watch some smelly people playing videogames. I can play videogames.

Comment

This just represents how far AI has gotten. Sports and games played by technology will not be interesting because no side would make mistakes. At least with humans, perfection is hard to achieve and people enjoy watching those fruits of labor.

Comment

AI has the advantages of multitasking and not being bogged down by a UI/controller/mouse & keyboard.
              "He who dares not offend
              cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Erebus View Post
                AI has the advantages of multitasking and not being bogged down by a UI/controller/mouse & keyboard.
                I just watched Rhykker discuss this and it seems the AI also had full view of the map.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashVIII View Post

I just watched Rhykker discuss this and it seems the AI also had full view of the map.
                  That's even worse. That's not really an accomplishment of the AI to beat a pro under those circumstances.
                  "He who dares not offend
                  cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                    The real question is once technology is better than any human at sports and games, will people still watch it when there are no humans? Autonomous cars will make racing a dead job. AI will make chess a game of the past and E-sports will be toast.

I think many people will realize more how silly it is to watch something fun be played by others when its all robots and finally go outside and have fun kicking a ball themselves again. That is where the joy is. I don't want to watch some smelly people playing videogames. I can play videogames.
                    Not sure if anyone would make A.I. with the serious purpose of competition. Currently, you see a lot of this because scientists and developers want to test A.I. programs in multiple scenarios. Most of why we watch sports is the human element to it. I doubt you’ll see racing, for example, become obsolete by automated vehicles. No one will watch it because there wouldn’t be much a point. People would rather see members of their own race doing the incredible, than the machines we build doing the probable.

That being said, with the way most strategy games are structured, I have expect fully automated A.I. systems to beat players every time based on reflex and memory alone. Simply put, A.I. can move faster in game, focus on more things at once, and recall everything learned from previous games to now much better than a person.

Comment

I've seen this topic somewhere else on this forum about two months back and I commented. Either this is a copy or the original with my comment missing.

Comment

Working...
                      X