Neverwinter Nights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neverwinter Nights

Love this game man, use to play it with some buddies quite a bit back in the day. Saw they added it to Steam with brand new servers and bought it immediately. if anyone that has this wants to get into it hit me up.
    Steam: Chillmasta PSN: Chillmasta1337

Add me if you want mostly into RTS, RPGs, and Sports games.

I do own DRM free version. So cannot join on Steam. But I also love how NWN joined the complexity of D&D and PC RPG elements together.

Comment

there are several good Persistent World servers out there (think mini-MMOs) that have done a ton of great work with the scripting (player housing, player run shops, better crafting, class overhauls, additional classes). I play ob Thain (thain.org).

Comment

I'm playing this but on Xbox, anyone want to team up add me. GT BigUnDergoont
        I've hit level 80 a few days ago, still working on dailys/campaigns and some of the end zones.
        Last edited by BigUnDergoont; 08-28-2019, 09:25 PM. Reason: Different game, similar title. This was the older game then the current Neverwinter.

Comment

Originally posted by HFB Zulu View Post
          there are several good Persistent World servers out there (think mini-MMOs) that have done a ton of great work with the scripting (player housing, player run shops, better crafting, class overhauls, additional classes). I play ob Thain (thain.org).
          This is entirely untrue most of them are heavily populated by SJW types that openly enforce biased rules and get triggered instantly when you disagree with anything and I mean Anything they say. If not for the corruption from the sever's mods who only play favorites you have players actively insisting that no matter what it's RP to grief you as a lower level then cry to the mods that they're being harassed when you try to RP anything but their way. In addition it's creepy naked hobbit levels of creepy in some cases. Don't even bother It's an utter shit show filled to the brim with SJW types.

Comment

I used to play a LOT of NWN1 years ago.
            Actually I used to DM on a NWN server called "Adventure Island"

After that, I ran a private PW from custom made maps I using a content pack called CEP.
            It was a LOT of fun creating it and running it.

How well is the persistence supported with this re-release of NWN?
            At the time, I used an SQL PW database plugin called "Avlis" which was made and used by the team who made the Avlis PW.

I know there's an inbuilt database as of the HotU expansion, but as the database grows, so does the module size, which will hit server efficiency over time.
            The SQL plugin was stored separately, so it didn't hit the module size and server performance.

I wonder what they're using now for PWs.

Comment

Working...
            X