Android or IOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android or IOS

Alright, time to feel superior based on your purchases!
    Team Android
    80.00%
    Team Apple
    0%
    Niether, Banana Master Race!
    20.00%
    Violence doesn't solve anything, my block list does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myWaa6xvPZ4

I was a Windows phone user ever since I had a smartphone. I'd never had any Apple devices. I tried an iPhone for 6 months but couldn't get used to. The lack of settings and customization drove me crazy. When Microsoft stopped supporting Windows phone and when the app developers seemed to be abandoning it, I finally switched to Android. I still prefer my last Windows phone (Microsoft 950XL) to my current Android phone (Samsung S8) but it's better than my iPhone experience.

Comment

Honestly Android is far better overall in my personal unbiased opinion android has apple beat in customization to a Rom level and even overall what you want done. however it may lack the security of apple and even then android has plenty of ways to have pretty good security just know what permissions mean. and never really trust apps that ask for odd things overall if they ask something invasive that would by all means not work for what they are doing. i.e a game asking for Management of contacts with no proper explanation. the Phone and audio is easily explained as to deny calls to your device while playing. i.e QoL
      but Full administrative privileges on any app is never a good idea. even if its an anti malware.
      but then again i have never really used an iPhone. but from what i can tell. android covers what i want with ease.
      Just learn what apps do. and what you should avoid becomes really damn clear.

Comment

Android, any open system is better than a closed garden.
        "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I want a better phone OS that isn't either of these. There are custom roms, sure, but they are built using the OS our technocratic overlord's have made, furthering their control over us filthy slaves.

Between the two, I would have to pick Android.
          Discord: Eighto#9019

Comment

IOS has its benefits but I've been using android since 2012 and like it for the high level of user customization
            I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Comment

I decided to stop buying Apple products after finding out that each update makes your device worse and worse.

I even made a quick test with one of my old Ipods and it's true.

[ Before update: Long battery life, everything worked fine. After Update: Quick battery drain, slow response. ]
              [ The reason I haven't updated the old Ipod it's because I am lazy as duck. So making the test was easier. ]
              ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
              Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

I don't own a smart phone and I haven't used my tablet in several years but I do like bananas.

“Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.”

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

• Necromancerx69
                  Necromancerx69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  CURSE YOU!!!!
                  Now I am hungry for icecream and the icecream shop is closed...

Android. I always found iPhone to be boring. On the other hand, I really like Mac computers.

Comment

Originally posted by 9enn View Post
                  I want a better phone OS that isn't either of these. There are custom roms, sure, but they are built using the OS our technocratic overlord's have made, furthering their control over us filthy slaves.

Between the two, I would have to pick Android.
                  You can get versions of Android that remove google from the equation completely. IF you have a Pixel, Copperhead OS is one of those that is built fully around security, however it tends to come at a premium price if you don't want to do the the work building from the source code for flashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperweasle View Post

You can get versions of Android that remove google from the equation completely.
                    Given that Android is made by google I don't see how that is possible Copperhead is simply some changes to Android, it is still Android and still google.
                    Iconoclast

Jeremy: ResetEra is a forum full of outrage merchants
                    Also Jeremy: Join ExclusivelyGames, a forum full of outrage merchants

Comment

Originally posted by Aidy View Post

Given that Android is made by Google I don't see how that is possible Copperhead is simply some changes to Android, it is still Android and still google.
                      Just because google created Android, doesn't mean Google has to be there. Android is open source, meaning if you want to go in and delete everything that has to do with Google being connected you can. Copperhead OS has no Google apps or services.

Comment

Androids far less restricting and if you have basic level technical knowledge it's a superior platform. If you don't get IOS/Windows.
                        Steam: Chillmasta PSN: Chillmasta1337

Add me if you want mostly into RTS, RPGs, and Sports games.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillax View Post
                          Androids far less restricting and if you have basic level technical knowledge it's a superior platform. If you don't get IOS/Windows.
                          As far as WIndows on the PC, I find going from my PC to my Android phone is so much easier than try to go to an IOS device. Due to the fact that Android OS pretty much acts like a Desktop OS just with a mobile interface. While going from a PC environment to IOS, I actually find it more difficult to navigate,because it doesn't behave the way I would expect it to.

Comment

I like android, but dislike the company behind it.
                            my fav is old windows mobile. Htc diamond.

Comment

Working...
                            X