Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy's smear campaign against Shenmue 3/EPIC Exclusivity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raizel View Post

2019 was pretty good thus far, aye, although I have to disagree on certain titles - at least MK11 (which could be great, but they ruined it with the grindyness for the sake of monetization). Still have to get through Judgement and I'm looking forward to The Outer Worlds in October. Don't really know if I should look forward to Borderlands 3. There's just too much bullshit going on with 2K and Gearbox lately. I hope that Death Stranding will live up to its hype and maybe... maybe... Star Wars: The Fallen Order isn't completely ruined by monetization-bollocks. There's also still Oninaki this month which could be good.

Scrolling through the calendar for this year, GreedFall looks kinda promising.

How is Ace Combat 7 by the way? My last Ace Combat was on PS2 and I quite enjoyed that title.
    Deleted the post due to a mistake lol (I still stand by it tho, this year has been amazing in terms of game, for the few stinkers there's been we got a fuckton of good stuff to balance it)

I checked opinions from fans of the series about it and from the bits I played MK11's gameplay is good (as in good for MK standards which I'm not a fan of) and it sold very well so I felt like including it, heard the grinding was rough at first but got patched due to backlash.

Dunno about Borderlands 3, I didn't like 2 (well it was okay but I can't stand the "hi fellow nerd, how do you like that nerd reference ?" humor so yeah) and didn't play the first.

Jedi fallen order looks good, I'm not gonna buy it day one since it has the EA mark on it but respawn is a talented studio, I trust them and it looked good at E3 (wish it's a bit harder than it looks though because the ennemies seemed as threatening as the disney movies's villains)

The games I look forward to the most are astral chain and trails of cold steel 3 (although you shouldn't start the trails series by this one), I'd be interested in DQXIS but I well...platinumed the PS4 version so I don't feel like going through it again

Never played an ace combat but reviews were very positive for 7 (ngl I personally only played like half this list but I did research before including stuff here, I wasn't shameless enough to plug DOA6 here tho lol it's a good game nonetheless save for the absurd amount of DLCs)

Comment

Originally posted by Magvel View Post

Deleted the post due to a mistake lol (I still stand by it tho, this year has been amazing in terms of game, for the few stinkers there's been we got a fuckton of good stuff to balance it)

I checked opinions from fans of the series about it and from the bits I played MK11's gameplay is good (as in good for MK standards which I'm not a fan of) and it sold very well so I felt like including it, heard the grinding was rough at first but got patched due to backlash.

Dunno about Borderlands 3, I didn't like 2 (well it was okay but I can't stand the "hi fellow nerd, how do you like that nerd reference ?" humor so yeah) and didn't play the first.

Jedi fallen order looks good, I'm not gonna buy it day one since it has the EA mark on it but respawn is a talented studio, I trust them and it looked good at E3 (wish it's a bit harder than it looks though because the ennemies seemed as threatening as the disney movies's villains)

The games I look forward to the most are astral chain and trails of cold steel 3 (although you shouldn't start the trails series by this one), I'd be interested in DQXIS but I well...platinumed the PS4 version so I don't feel like going through it again

Never played an ace combat but reviews were very positive for 7 (ngl I personally only played like half this list but I did research before including stuff here, I wasn't shameless enough to plug DOA6 here tho lol it's a good game nonetheless save for the absurd amount of DLCs)
      I actually like the Borderlands-humor, but I'm kinda cautious about Borderlands 3 even though it does look good and promising.

Have to agree that Jedi Fallen Order looks good. Sad though that the EA-brand is such a stigma nowadays.

Astral Chain and Trails of Cold Steel 3 look good although I'm not into these overly anime-like JRPGs - that just personal taste though and there are exceptions. I'm quite a fan of the SMT-series after all.

DOA6... Well... It's a Koei-Tecmo-game and Koei-Tecmo-games are kinda always vastly overpriced. The huge amount of DLC is just crazy. But well... Koei Tecmo really disappointed me with DW9 so maybe I just hold a grudge. Who knows? Don't want to be a degenerate, but I also dislike that they basically killed the fan service or at least large parts of it in DOA6.

How's this forum with Off Topic by the way? Is it safe to slightly derail the topic?

Comment

Moved to off-topic as the chat moved more and more towards talking about a youtuber
        Mod

Comment

I don't have a problem with what Jeremy does and says on his channel. It's his channel and he can say whatever he wants. In the guidelines of Youtube's ever changing and always vague TOS of course.

Comment

This is a fair criticism. However, saying Ys Net has been working with EG before by getting Unreal engine support needs to be separated from Shenmue being exclusive to EG.

The main issue is that the game was crowd funded, and when it was funded most backers assumed it be on their platform of choice. When Deep Silver said Shenmue 3 was going to be EG exclusive, the way they announced it came off as patronizing to the backers. Combine that with the general attitude gamers have towards EG, it's gonna be a problem no matter.

Imagine investing in a theme park and then having Disney buy out the company just to move it to the shittiest part of your country.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzin_Ed View Post
              I don't have a problem with what Jeremy does and says on his channel. It's his channel and he can say whatever he wants. In the guidelines of Youtube's ever changing and always vague TOS of course.
              You ok with it, even when It's a overt, and very malicious lie? It's bad enough when he blows things out of proportion, like with that pre-order bonus video(which was more of a opinion video then anything else). It was so over the top, if he didn't have EPIC derangement syndrome, you would think it was satire, but out can you defend a outright lie, from a channel who attacks other people for the same type of thing.

There's a difference between posting a opinion,piece, and making statements of fact, that aren't true.
              Last edited by Zoltor; 08-14-2019, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
                Cuzin_Ed commented
                Editing a comment
                Nope, don't care. Even if he is lying, which I doubt he is. Like MadMummy pointed out, you have provided no proof. You claim to not care about Epic but you sure are spending a lot of time acting like a free shill for them. Unless Tim Sweeney is putting money in your bank account or pockets I don't see the point. Being a paid shill is bad enough but doing it free is much worse.

You throwing around that 80% of what he said was false is meaningless. Point out the exact "lie" with timestamps and link to the source of information you're using to prove that it is a lie. Because it seems you're the one engaged in a smear campaign now.
              Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
              Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

Originally posted by MadMummy76 View Post
                You throwing around that 80% of what he said was false is meaningless. Point out the exact "lie" with timestamps and link to the source of information you're using to prove that it is a lie. Because it seems you're the one engaged in a smear campaign now.
                He doesn't know anything about Shenmue, me saying even 20% of the stuff he says about Shenmue is correct, just due to dumb luck, is be rather generous. The Shenmue games, are the most documented games in history, the info for nearly everything revolving such is out there, if you just do some research, which Jeremy refuses to do any research at all, even the most basic research he refuses to do.

Hell, he doesn't even realize we know what the first 2 games cost to develop, which is probally the most commonly known Shenmue info at this point.
                Last edited by Zoltor; 08-14-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Why do people care so much about Shenmue? I played the first game, it was mostly garbage

Comment

I have to say, anyone claiming Jeremy does smear campaigns doesn't know what actual smear campaigns look like

Just one day watching CNN will open one's eyes...

Comment

• Zoltor
                      Zoltor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      When EPIC is involved he does, and when he's not downright lying, he's blowing things way out of proportion. He has EPIC derangement syndrome, big time.

Originally posted by The Messenger View Post
                    Why do people care so much about Shenmue? I played the first game, it was mostly garbage

The 1st game is little more then a proof of concept demo. Orininally Shenmue 1, and 2 were created as a single game, but when they moved to project to the DC, they split them into 2 games games, so basically from a game design standpoint, shenmu 1 is where all the tutorials are.

Also from a story stlandpoint, Shenmue 1 is more of a prelude to the story, then the start of it.

Now Shenmue 2 on the otherhand is a completely different story, where Shenmue 1 is considered a concept demo, Shenmue 2 is the full realization of such, expanded on literally every front, 100 fold. Shenmue 1 is still great, but It's more along the lines of just for its time, Shenmue 2 is on a whole nother lv of greatness though, It's still the best ever made in most of its aspects, and in a league that only two other games ever made are part of(even with said league, I would easily put Shenmue above the others, while they fight over the remaining spots).

If you haven't played 2, I strongly suggest you do so(the remaster of 1 might be a mess sadly, but the remater of 2 is rather faithful to the original release).

Shenmue 2 is very unique on quite a few profound levels, and is highly doubtful even Yu Sazuki himself could ever actually top it(although as super hard as it would be, it might be possible for him to come close to duplicating a lot of the harder elements).

Hell to this day, Shenmue 2 is still home to the top two most realistic NPCs ever made(yea not even just the number 1 spot, Shenmue 2 has both the #1, and #2 slots locked down tight, nothing even comes close to them)

I can give you more examples if you want? There's a lot of ways in how Shenmue two is a drastic step up, that it very much transcends time.
                    Last edited by Zoltor; 08-15-2019, 02:13 AM.

Comment

So glad we have the off topic section. Will this be the third thread Tonic closes?
                      All my typos are intentional
                      I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

Well a clickbait YouTube channel is making rant videos about a topic the internet is angry about... Call me surprised...

Comment

Originally posted by The Messenger View Post
                          Iconoclast

Jeremy: ResetEra is a forum full of outrage merchants
                          Also Jeremy: Join ExclusivelyGames, a forum full of outrage merchants

Comment

• Necromancerx69
                            Necromancerx69 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I feel you, even if I never played Shenmue in my life (and I owned the Dreamcast).
                            It was one of the golden games of the Dreamcast and I do respect it for what it was.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Someone is telling the truth about Epic! Waaaaaaaaaaa!!!! LOL

Comment

• Zoltor
                            Zoltor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yea really didn't read any of my posts huh? I don't care about EPIC, nor do I care about steam. Frankly I would be overjoyed if they destroyed eachother.

What I do care about however, is people slandering games/defelopers, to fuel their fight against EPIC.

• twidget
                            twidget commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Zoltor Take Mark Twain's advice.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

• Cuzin_Ed
                            Cuzin_Ed commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Zoltor If you don't care about Epic then why are you going on and on about this? This is not the behavior of someone who doesn't care.

You want Steam destroyed as well? So you basically want PC gaming destroyed. It seems to me that you are just some butthurt jelly console peasant.
                        Working...
                        X