Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy's smear campaign against Shenmue 3/EPIC Exclusivity.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy's smear campaign against Shenmue 3/EPIC Exclusivity.

I posted this info a bunch of times in his live streams, as well as atleast 3 videos that he regurgitates his false info, yet he refuses to acknowledge such, "even when he asks the community to correct him if he's wrong".

80% of the stuff he has stated about Shenmue 3 is wrong ingeneral, and while most of that is off the cuff comments, like how he said the Shenmue community doesn't know X(X being cost or varios info about the development proc) about the first 2 games, which is ofcourse wrong. Shenmue is not only a heavily documented series, bus people have been studying every asset of the franchise for over 14 years., ok I get it he probally didn't know Shenmue was even a thing before the KS for Shenmue 3 pushed in into mainstream.

The big issue is however, is how Jeremy thows ethics completely out the window whenever EPIC enters the picture, He constantly brings up how no game's devs have ever outlined how they are going to expand/improve a game because of EPIC Exclusivity, and he always cites Shenmue 3 as a prime example of such.

This is ofcourse completely wrong, and any research whatso ever would turnup the updated stretch goal list outlining exactly how the game has expanded:

Here's the link to the update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2553891

This Isn't new info, this info was available the same day(like within 2h of) the EPIC exclusivity was announced.
    Last edited by Zoltor; 08-10-2019, 03:13 PM.

I take everything people say with a large pinch of salt, if I'm interested in the truth then I seek it out myself.

Comment

The problem of any channel built on posting daily negative news and/or dunking on (((them))) (pick a side, sjws, centrists, magautists or whoever) is that if there isn't anything newsworthy you have to create some (since not uploading for a day or two is apparently not an option), even if it means twisting infos or straight up lying (ironic for people who call out game journalists for being unethical).

I don't know or care about Shenmue and don't watch the quartering so I can't comment on that one but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Magvel View Post
        The problem of any channel built on posting daily negative news and/or dunking on (((them))) (pick a side, sjws, centrists, magautists or whoever) is that if there isn't anything newsworthy you have to create some (since not uploading for a day or two is apparently not an option), even if it means twisting infos or straight up lying (ironic for people who call out game journalists for being unethical).

I don't know or care about Shenmue and don't watch the quartering so I can't comment on that one but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.
        Yea true enough unfortunately, It's especially bad in this case because what you pointed out. He posts negative videos against shill media all the time, for pulling the same exact kind of BS he did here.

I think he specifically has other options, as he has made videos based on good news before, he just has a very severe case of EPIC Derangement Syndrome sigh, and It's getting completely out of control, to the point he can barely even think whenever EPIC is tied to something he's talking about.

PS. Shocked you don't watch TheQuartering, It's generally a pretty great channel(minus this thing).

Comment

• Magvel
          Magvel commented
          Editing a comment
          I grew out of this kind of channel pretty quickly (same for yongyea which is a shame because his content is actually decent when he's not being a mouthpiece for r/gaming or praising Kojima to the point where I wonder if he's some kind of zealot). Their content get really stale really fast especially with that upload frequency and it tends to turn into a circlejerk even faster (yongyea's comment section is a shithole and considering I'm on this forum it's not like my standards are high). But considering how many views they get for it why would they change ?

Also I'm kind of an old school person, if a news for a game I care about is released usually the websites I go to (siliconera, gematsu, dualshockers, techraptor and sometimes twinfinite) already talked about. I use youtube for reviews and gameplay footage, not much for news.

I used to watch him off and on late last year and earlier this year (which is how I found out about this site), but I quit watching his videos about a month or two ago because the quality of his content has taken a nosedive. He used to be a decent source of video game news, but these days most of the videos he posts are obvious clickbait. The video that pushed me over the edge was when he made an entire video of him hating on Brie Larsen (whom he has a bizarre obsession with) while sarcastically pretending to like her, instead of actual newsworthy content. I'm not a fan of Brie, but making a video just to hate on someone is crossing the line.
        There's no way to delete my account, so I'll just put this here:

I'm done with this site, and will no longer be a member here. Goodbye.

Comment

• Magvel
          Magvel commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe it's because I don't care about the MCU (i watched like 3 movies of it are the iron man ones part of it ? I dunno) but I'm almost scared to ask what in the goddamn did she do to piss off so many nerds.

• Zoltor
          Zoltor commented
          Editing a comment
          You must of been living under a rock, she is a pure piece of trash. I can't list the BS she said on this site, as It's all identity politics, but It's byfar the worst instance of such yet. It's bad, plus both google, and Rotten Tomatoes were going out of their way to protect her, when she's the one who was saying such horrible things.

Search Captain Marvel on Youtube, if you want specifics, don't search her name though or you'll mostly get mainstream media outlets due to google tagging her name as news to try and hide normal content creattors.

• Magvel
          Magvel commented
          Editing a comment
          I checked a bit and yeah she's an ass, that said I'd be surprised if half of the stuff she said isn't said solely to get angry reactions because "bad attention is still attention" is still a strategy used for some reason, I don't think it deserves a video per day though as you can only milk so much a cow before it dries up though, usually that looks like stuff that could be summed up by "Brie Larson said this and she's an asshole, the end"

Sad thing is that it kinda worked honestly I think I saw more articles and videos in my feed talking about Brie Larson's brave stances on white people coming from the living cliché of the hollywood actress than on her actual movie

I still watch his videos, but yeah... I have to agree that there a several videos just for the sake of having uploaded any kind of content lately. That's kinda sad.

I do understand the frustration about EPIC store exclusivities though and people are right to criticize that behavior. If you're able to get a physical copy of the game with automatic updates without using the EPIC store, that would be kinda fine, I guess? But then there'd probably also additional content which you have to buy and for which you'd need some kind of store which then would be exclusive to EPIC... Ah, the time where a game was still just a game... I'm feeling old.
        Last edited by Raizel; 08-11-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Uh oh. Sounds like an Epic shill got a dose of reality and triggered. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzin_Ed View Post
            Uh oh. Sounds like an Epic shill got a dose of reality and triggered. LOL
            Huh what are you talking about, I don't give a damn about EPIC, and I'm also not a moron who buys into the steam slavery. This is about someone with EPIC derangement Syndrome lying about Shenmue 3, to support his narrative.

Without using Shenmue 3, what does he have, a bunch of games no one cares about anyway, and Borderlands 3(which Randy is such a bigger problem, he overshadows bad publishing moves)

I gave a link directly to the official update, displaying the expanded list,

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
              Cuzin_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              If you don't give a damn about Epic then why make this thread?

Steam slavery? You don't care about Epic?

Riiiiiight. lol

• Zoltor
              Zoltor commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you even read the OP, he is outright lying about Shenmue 3, for no other reason then his hatred of EPIC.

• Cuzin_Ed
              Cuzin_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              I read some of it. Just enough to see that you are trigged about Jeremy telling the truth about the Fortnite launcher.

I will ask again. If you don't care about Epic then why did you make this thread?

Originally posted by Magvel View Post
            I used to watch the show but the amount of negativity has driven me away. Not just The Quartering though, it seems 90% of my recommended lists are Debbie Downers trying to tell me everything is shit.
            It's a shame, I used to enjoy his content.

Comment

• The Messenger
              The Messenger commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd rather watch "Debbie Downers" who tell the truth than many of the "positive" channels who are just shills

Originally posted by Borghir View Post

I used to watch the show but the amount of negativity has driven me away. Not just The Quartering though, it seems 90% of my recommended lists are Debbie Downers trying to tell me everything is shit.
            It's a shame, I used to enjoy his content.
            Some positivity would be nice, aye. But seeing how the videogame- and entertainment-industry works nowadays... I'm also kinda pessimistic. Sure, we have some awesome developers like CDPR, but more and more developers/publishers fall to bullshit. Bethesda sadly also crossed the line with Fallout 67. In the general entertainment-industry (yes, it's an industry and barely art anymore) you also have several problems. I'm still hoping to get some positivity out of Star Trek Picard and The Witcher series, but there are also a lot of doomed franchises. I hope that the next Doctor Strange movie will be fine, but some of the other Marvel stuff is really weird. PC-extremism really kills good storytelling and character-progression.

I also used to enjoy his content - I still enjoy certain videos, but some videos are just there for the sake of having uploaded some content, which is sad. I'd rather have quality over quantity. I don't need to see that some weird twitch-chick is abusing her dog. All that does is giving that person more PR than she deserves. That applies to a lot of his videos lately. I just hope that he'll get better in the near future.

On the terms of negativity though: I do enjoy Jim Sterling a lot. If I want to watch somebody rant, that somebody is definitely him.

Comment

• The Messenger
              The Messenger commented
              Editing a comment
              Sterling is far worse than Jeremy. He's very open about his political and ideological biases, which taints his views on certain things.

Originally posted by Raizel View Post
            On the terms of negativity though: I do enjoy Jim Sterling a lot. If I want to watch somebody rant, that somebody is definitely him.
            I was actually going to name him as one of the people I stopped watching too. I think it's great he keeps hammering on the evil nature of MTX, but personally, I've had enough of it.

Comment

I was actually going to name him as one of the people I stopped watching too. I think it's great he keeps hammering on the evil nature of MTX, but personally, I've had enough of it.
              I perfectly understand you. I also think that it's great that he continuously criticizes aggressive monetization and that's one of the reasons why I'm still watching his videos regularly. For me it's also quite personal though since I've played several MMORPGs during the last 10, maybe even 15 years and a lot of them were ruined by P2W-bullshit and antisocial game design which encourages P2W (keeping up with the progression treadmill, social/peer pressure). That bullshit sadly cost me several friendships, which is the main reason I hate P2W-bollocks with a burning passion.

On the other hand though: Can you recommend some decent gaming yt-channels which also deliver a healthy amount of positivity?

Comment

• Magvel
                Magvel commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not borg but I'm still throwing part of my yt subs, some don't fall into it (mostly referring to AVGN), others upload once in a blue moon or only talk about specific games (if you don't care about fighting games there's not really a point to watch core a gaming) but that's vidya content I like, pick what suits ya :

Core A gaming
                Matthewmatosis
                Act man
                Spawn Wave
                Daniel Santos
                Cvit
                Clemps
                Late night gaming
                gggmanlives
                Gamingbrit (kinda, I'm more mixed about him but I like some of his stuff)
                Raycevick
                Cinemassacre
                foxcade
                The sphere hunter
                Codex entry

• Borghir
                Borghir commented
                Editing a comment
                Magvel mentioned Raycevick which is one that I've recently started watched.
                I like listening to his lengthy "x years later" videos where he goes in details of what has happened with certain franchises.

2019 is the best year of the PS4/Xbone gen, change my mind (2017 is fair enough)

Comment

Originally posted by Magvel

Fire emblem 3 Houses
                DMCV
                KH3
                MK11
                Wargroove
                RE2 remake
                Ace Combat 7
                Apex legends
                Travis strikes again
                Sekiro
                Judgment
                Persona Q2
                Etrian Odyssey Nexus
                God eater 3
                Metro Exodus
                Bloodstained

That's for this year alone and what I played/can think of, I certainly missed stuff and some upcoming games for the later third of this year look great

2019 is the best year of the PS4/Xbone gen, change my mind (2017 is fair enough)
                2019 was pretty good thus far, aye, although I have to disagree on certain titles - at least MK11 (which could be great, but they ruined it with the grindyness for the sake of monetization). Still have to get through Judgement and I'm looking forward to The Outer Worlds in October. Don't really know if I should look forward to Borderlands 3. There's just too much bullshit going on with 2K and Gearbox lately. I hope that Death Stranding will live up to its hype and maybe... maybe... Star Wars: The Fallen Order isn't completely ruined by monetization-bollocks. There's also still Oninaki this month which could be good.

Scrolling through the calendar for this year, GreedFall looks kinda promising.

How is Ace Combat 7 by the way? My last Ace Combat was on PS2 and I quite enjoyed that title.

Comment

it seems 90% of my recommended lists are Debbie Downers trying to tell me everything is shit.
                  If only there was a forum we could go to where 90% of posts are people telling us everything is shit 🤔
                  Iconoclast

Jeremy: ResetEra is a forum full of outrage merchants
                  Also Jeremy: Join ExclusivelyGames, a forum full of outrage merchants

Comment

• Borghir
                    Borghir commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One of the reasons my activity on here has dropped =(
                Working...
                X