Wiped my phone by accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiped my phone by accident

Just wanted to bitch about it... I wiped my Samsung phone through an Office 365 webpage. Yes, it did ask for confirmation, but the instructions said it would ask if I wanted to wipe only company data on the phone or everything. It did not ask, just wiped everything. Any hoo, at least wiping and reinstalling the MS Office apps seems to have fixed a problem I was having with them.

If it makes you feel better, my phone claims I have no available space and I have like 7GB of free space. xD

Smart phones my shiny Absol ass.
    ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
    Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

I also wiped my phone by accident. The display got cleaner, but I used soap to get rid of the grease entirely.

Joke aside, sorry man, that's awful, but at least it was for the better for you with that fixed Office problem. I hope you didn't lose any valuable pictures you made?

Comment

Originally posted by Necromancerx69 View Post
        If it makes you feel better, my phone claims I have no available space and I have like 7GB of free space. xD

Smart phones my shiny Absol ass.
        What's the cluster size? You need to defrag your phone. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Linkblade View Post
          I also wiped my phone by accident. The display got cleaner, but I used soap to get rid of the grease entirely.

Joke aside, sorry man, that's awful, but at least it was for the better for you with that fixed Office problem. I hope you didn't lose any valuable pictures you made?
          Ha ha. "Wipe" is the word the website used. If I made that webpage, I would have been more explicit, such as, "THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON YOUR PHONE!" Thanks for the jokes & support though.

I did not lose any photos, because they immediately upload themselves to the cloud/OneDrive. I did lose whatever was in the "Downloads" folder, but theoretically all of those documents and photos came from the web and I have access to them, except I don't remember what was in that folder anymore.

Not only did it fix the Office apps problem, but it's running faster, I realized I had installed a bunch of apps that I don't use/need, and I found some settings that I didn't know existed (e.g., How much blue light do you want the blue light filter to block?). Phones are basically computers now-a-days, so like they always used to say about formatting your computer's harddrive every now and then, I guess the same goes for phones now.

What I'm quite surprised about is that an Office365 website was able to erase my phone. Not a Samsung website. Not a Google website. Office has that much access to my phone!? Seems like a security hole to me, but c'est la vie.

Comment

Microsoft Intune?

Comment

Originally posted by ZubiFett View Post
              Microsoft Intune?
              Microsoft Intune Company Portal... Yes, I guess the website wiped the phone through that app.

Comment

Working...
              X