The end of Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of Windows 7

Today is the day Windows 7 officially dies as it will no longer get support.

Still, I will keep using Windows 7 (without support) on my Desktop Pc until I am forced to use the ugly / buggy Windows 10.

[2020 and Windows 10 is still a nightmare to use on some Pc games, I know cause I have Windows 10 on my laptop. ]

What do you guys think of Windows 7 or 10?
    ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
    Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Been using Windows 10 on all my devices for years. It seems fine to me. I think you can still skin it to look like Windows 7 if you really want to.

Continuing to use Windows 7 is going to be less secure and increasing buggy for you as time goes on... Quit beating a dead horse.

Comment

Windows 10 is fine for me, however Microsoft bloatware kinda irritates me. You have got to go through and delete any garbage you don't like, while when you installed a clean copy of windows 7 you didn't have the bloatware. I have Windows 10 Professional and you would have thought you got Windows 10 Kiddie Edition with garbage like Candy Crush and other junk apps preinstalled on your machine. The interface is fine for me, except for the settings panel being more confusing to navigate than the control panel.

In the end Windows 10 is pretty good if spend the time setting it up the way Microsoft doesn't want you too.
      Hippity hoppity, your spam is now my property!

Comment

Windows 7 will stay alive as long as DirectX 11 remains superior to DirectX 12.

Games 2019: The Last Night - Biomutant - Doom Eternal - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Mount & Blade II - Dead or Alive 6 - Tunic - Pathologic 2 - Eastshade - Scorn - A Plague Tale: Innocence - Descent (2019) - Wasteland 3 - Ancestors: The Humankinf Odyssey - Moduwar - Dawn of Man - Code Vein - Little Devil Inside - Team Sonic Racing - Street of Rage 4 - DESPERADOS 3 - Kirby Extra Epic Yarn - Void Bastards - Fimbul - The Forgotten City - The Last Campfire - Outward - Devil May Cry 5

Comment

I like Windows 10 pretty much! It has some cosmetic advantages over Windwos 7, but other than that there's no difference for me really. I've upgraded years ago only because of support and going with the flow early would be easier and free. But when I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 my task manager broke. I used a custom task manager on Win 7 and after the upgrade to Win 10 there was no standard task manager installed. Also pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del pops up an error message. I've not found a solution for that still and always found working around that being less effort than reinstalling the whole system. If anyone got a tip, I'd appreciate it!

Comment

Correction. It is the day microsoft wishes that windows7 died. But their wish and reality are two different things.

I like everything in windows 10 that is the same as in windows 7, and pretty much hate everything that they changed. And every update brings some change that makes it less usable, harder to configure and generally a pita.

Cosmetic advantages? You can't even change the color of window title bars in windows 10 without registry hacks.
            Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
            Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

Originally posted by Linkblade View Post
              I like Windows 10 pretty much! It has some cosmetic advantages over Windwos 7, but other than that there's no difference for me really. I've upgraded years ago only because of support and going with the flow early would be easier and free. But when I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 my task manager broke. I used a custom task manager on Win 7 and after the upgrade to Win 10 there was no standard task manager installed. Also pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del pops up an error message. I've not found a solution for that still and always found working around that being less effort than reinstalling the whole system. If anyone got a tip, I'd appreciate it!
              Try running CMD as Admin and type sfc /scannow that should go through and fix any corrupted Windows system files.
              Hippity hoppity, your spam is now my property!

Comment

• Linkblade
                Linkblade commented
                Editing a comment
                Hyperweasle Thanks! I'll try that and report back! Though my taskmanager .exe is not corrupted but just doesn't exist in the appropriate folder.

• Hyperweasle
                Hyperweasle commented
                Editing a comment
                Linkblade Corrupted or missing I don't think it matters, it should just fix the integrity of your Windows installation regardless. You might also be able to fix it by creating a windows bootable flash drive with this link here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
                Then you should be able to use the USB to repair it if the command doesn't work.

• Linkblade
                Linkblade commented
                Editing a comment
                Hyperweasle Thank you very much! I'll try that and report back! But I don't know when I will get to it. (I'm not at my home computer)

I miss 7, finally upgraded to 10 last year hoping Cortana would be awesome. It isnt. I miss 7
              Steam ID: Saul15 Discord: Trout#3435
              I love strategy games and coop shooters, lets play sometime.

Comment

Working...
              X