Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming pc under 1000 usd?

Hello there!
    Do you have some recommendations? I need to buy a new gaming pc.
    It should be under 1000 USD, I am not sure that I may pay more now

If you were planning on building one, this sub 1000 USD should be quite good for 1080p gaming at high - ultra settings, depending on the game.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GxLR6R

Ryzen 5 3600 - ~$172.93
    MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max - ~$108.98
    16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz - ~$74.99
    WD Blue 500GB SSD - ~$68.50
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD - ~$54.98
    RTX 2060 - ~$299.99
    NZXT H510 Case - ~$69.98
    Corsair CXM 650w - ~$94.99

Total ~$944.76
    I got my health...... still waiting for my wealth.

Comment

Hyperweasle has giving you a good build. You could change the motherboard to a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max for an extra $10 but that's not really needed as that board should be good, I like the Tomahawk so I'm a little bit biased.

You should shop around to find the best prices available but AMD have their new CPUs coming out soon, so the 3000 series should drop a little in price.

I would look at upgrading that build over the next year or so. All you would need to do is drop in an R7 3700X and you should be set for a while longer. You could also up the RAM to 32GB for extra future proofing, but again this is not needed for another couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Irritablesquid View Post
        Hyperweasle
        You should shop around to find the best prices available but AMD have their new CPUs coming out soon, so the 3000 series should drop a little in price.
        Speaking of new CPUs, I am going to retract a little on my build actually.
        After just watching Linus's video on the upcoming Ryzen 3 3100 and 3300x. The 3300x in particular seems like it will have similar performance to the Ryzen 5 3600 in gaming at $120, so if you are looking at just gaming then you might just want to wait for those to come out. Actually with this level of performance in games it's tough for me to suggest a Ryzen 5 3600 other than for productivity.

You could also just take Irritablesquid advice too and just wait till the next gen cpus come out.
        I got my health...... still waiting for my wealth.

Comment

• Irritablesquid
          Irritablesquid commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you seen how the 3300x compares to the 7700k? Freakishly close considering the 3300x is meant to be the cheap option and the 7700k was considered to be the best CPU for gaming at that time.
          It's insane to think it was just a few years ago Intel were completely dominating and AMD were essentially a laughing stock.

Look for some reviews

Comment

I am looking at buying this motherboard for my son's PC build.
          ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting

Comment

Working...
          X