Which GPU do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PatchRowcester View Post
    My gaming computer is currently using the GeForce 1080Ti from MSI. I am going to build a different machine when Cyberpunk comes out next year. Hopefully either Nvidia will launch a new series of cards or the price of the 2080Ti will come down. I am not paying $1300 for a GPU. I don't mind spending money on computer parts, but that's just absurd in my opinion.
    Cyberpunk will offer Ray Tracing support, so hopefully by then there'll be the RTX 3000 series and maybe AMD will offer a card with Ray Tracing support to help drive the prices down.

Comment

Ive still got my old GeForce 256 MB steaming along!
      Steam ID: Saul15 Discord: Trout#3435
      I love strategy games and coop shooters, lets play sometime.

Comment

I currently got a GTX970 windforce 3 from gigabyte. I am in the process of building a new PC and along the PSU it is the only parts I'm keeping. It doesn't go anywhere until It dies on me. We'll see afterwards.

Comment

I have both, I'v a 1060 and rx580 8gb systems atm.

Comment

I don't care about the brand of the GPU. When I built my first PC in 2016 I decided to go with a MSI R9 390 cause I could get it for $295. It helped me keep to my build budget. I originally wanted a EVGA GTX 970 Ti but after hearing about the whole 3.5GB VRAM issue and the price of the GPU was well over $300 I decided to go with the 390. I was building the computer to play Doom 2016 and the 390 worked flawlessly with Doom 2016. I had the settings turned up to max and was keeping a steady 60 fps.

The first GPU I ever bought was a EVGA GTX 750 Ti which I installed in a prebuilt back in mid 2015. So after seeing what that was capable of I decided to build my own gaming PC.

AMD or Nvidia it doesn't matter to me. What matters is price and performance. I can go either way. Though I usually prefer MSI or EVGA. The one issue I had with the 390 was that it ran hot, which was normal for that GPU. Getting up to 85 degrees Celsius is not out of the question for the 390. Also it tended to get loud, which I didn't care for. Some games would make the fans work pretty hard. My GTX 1070 Ti is a lot quieter and I prefer that.

Comment

New to the pc master race as of 5 years ago, got myself a gsync monitor so went with nvidia. Started out with 2 980's in sli. Had a custom water loop cooling my gpu's, cpu and motherboard. Water block on one of the gpu's leaked a month after the three year warranty ran out. So went to air cooling with 1 980. Moved home a year ago and had a grand left over so i went for the 2080ti.

Comment

I started out in early 2015 with a prebuilt and I shoved a GTX 750 Ti into it. It was made by EVGA. I used that PC for about a year and half. I pretty much knew then that I wanted something better. I saw what a good GPU and a PC could do. So I saw Doom 2016 and I said I am going to build my own PC. So I went with an R9 390 cause it was a little less than $300 at the time. My original choice was a GTX 970 Ti and I heard about the 3.5GB VRAM issue. So the R9 390 was my choice. Then around early 2018 I upgraded to a MSI 1070 Ti.

My current GPU which I bought and installed about a week ago or so is a RTX 2070 Super also made by MSI.

Comment

RTX 2070 - amazing GPU. With the latest driver updates, it is incredible beast.Also, whoever has problems updating drivers on this video card, try from the official website, or using thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-free-driver-updater/, I also managed to update. Through the device manager, the update was not found.
                  Last edited by shokoman; 02-08-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid just because that is what I currently have.

Comment

I recently got a GTX 1050 Ti and it was a massive improvement over the badly aged AMD card I had before it. Maybe it's just because the card was older, but this Nvidia one seems to be a lot better at handling OpenGL. I'd love to have an RX setup, but I'm way too poor for that.

Comment

For example, Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is a powerful graphics card at an affordable price. Although it’s not a good idea to save on a graphics card, you don’t have to buy the most expensive graphics processor. AMD hit Radeon VII this summer, its first 7nm GPU with healthy 16GB of video memory. In the article https://light-it.net/blog/top-three-...data-projects/ I read that GPU manufacturers are burning something big next year.

Comment

• Irritablesquid
                          Irritablesquid commented
                          Editing a comment
                          AMD will have to win me over, I bought one of their GPUs last year and had constant issues and ended up having to return it for an Nvidia card instead.

My last two GPUs were ATI/AMD cards. Before that I had a Nvida GPU. So I just got with what fits my budget and reviews. Brands loyalty has little meaning to me when it comes to most PC parts. I have learned the hard way that a brand's can become trash quickly (mainly trying to save a few bucks). Past reputation does have a little factor if I get down to two nearly identical products.

Comment

I was quite happy with my GTX 1070. I was a bit annoyed with a faulty Radeon I picked up used. I believe it was one of the Vegas. But ever since upgrading to the 5700XT Red Dragon I have been quite happy with it. Especially now that the drivers are stable and Adrenaline 2020 has awesome useful features that make it easy to tweak things as needed.

Comment

Working...
                          X