No announcement yet.

Best mechanical gaming keyboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one of the Corsair K70's with Cherry MX red switches. I have to say it's pretty good. I was going to get one with the cherry blue switches but decided I didn't want to hear that click all the time. I don't type that well or that fast. But while playing games on my PC I didn't want to constantly hear the clicking.

I got mine refurbished on Newegg. I think it was about $80. A K70 Corsair Vengeance gaming keyboard. Newegg says they are out of stock now.

Comment

I had the Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard for some time and then it just went completely nuts on me. Kept pressing the C button over and over no matter what I did. Finally, I just gave up on it and tossed it.

I now rock a Steelseries Apex Pro, and I'm really happy with it. It has different features than the K95 but it's still pretty awesome.

Comment

Corsair k70 with brown cherry mx switches. I wouldn't touch anything steelseries since their bully hunters debacle.
        "it was the daedric prince of douchebaggery in disguise"

Comment

I am using Corsair Vengeance K70, soundless. High quality construction throughout; metal frame, no bendy/flexy plastic. Excellent key action. Keys are backlit. Basic light control Off/Low/High. Free downloadable software provides more lighting options. Extra "gaming" keys with key remover tool included. Bashed on my K70 while gaming hard for over a year, and it showed no trace of any wear or tear. Pretty solid keyboard! Moreover, there are a few quality gaming keyboards under $100 available. Apart of K70, I would go for Corsair K57 in such a cheap price.
          Last edited by DSmithz; 10-29-2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I’m using myself a CORSAIR K68 RGB I’ve got recommended from the article you can find here. It is pretty cool looking, has a nice RGB and also is waterproof, that’s the best thing ever. I’ve ruined two keyboards with coffee before going with this one. It is though too nice to risk going around it with drinks lol. Also, buy a nice mouse that goes with the keyboard ASAP, it feels totally different.

Comment

There is no "best for all people keyboard" but only a "best for me keyboard". Only you know what you like and dislike. So the best for me probably won't be the best for you. There are many different factors to be considered, but without going into detail and just give you a model to check out whether you like it, I can highly recommend the Fnatic Streak. It's got all the fancy stuff and high quality.

If you like it silent, which is probably not the case but I just ignore that here to tell you about my personal favorite, you should check out the Fnatic Rush with MX Red Silent switches and in addition to that QMX clips for every switch. The advantage of the Rush against the Streak is, that its space bar and all long keys, which would otherwise tilt/snap/be loud, are guided with a metal bar instead of plungers on both sides. That makes it much more silent than the Streak and since my first commandment is quiet typing the Rush is my personal "best for me keyboard".
              Last edited by Linkblade; 10-24-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

HyperX Alloy FPS Pro. I am known among friends as a very angry guy in cs go. I have broken more than one keyboard. Somewhere 2 times a year I buy a new keyboard. it has been living for a year. it survives after my aggression. Or maybe I just feel sorry for the money and I dont beat strongly. Even know.

Comment

• Linkblade
                  Linkblade commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have you tried a flexible silicone rubber keyboard? ^^ you can even wrap them to a roll. I guess one of those would survive infinite throws against the wall and hard punches. However, I would suggest to train your temper down, that'd be the best solution.

Most are really good, even cheap stuff.

I do have a ducky one TKL that feels like it would last forever and a cheaper KROM mechanical keyboard I use at work (because well... I like the Spanish layout, I can't for the love of god get used to the British layout). I think the DUCKY was around 90€ and the KROM around 35€.

The KROM keyboard does not give me the same feeling of sturdiness and the shift key makes a bit of a noise (sounds like it needs lubricating), there are also some keys that do not sit perfectly aligned. However, it feels GREAT to use and I cannot complain because for 35€ that is an amazing keyboard.

The ducky what can I say... it looks like when it was new and it sounds and feels like when it was new. I suppose the question is: How much do you want to pay and for how long do you plan on keeping the keyboard?

Comment

Hi There, I'm planning to upgrade my keyboard. I've been playing a lot of RPG games lately and I feel there's something lag happening in between. I'm looking at Corsair K95 RGB Platinum but the price is just outrageous. A mid-range keyboard like Logitech G413 looks very competitive as well. Has anyone had any feedback? Referencing some good findings here
                  Last edited by Mitchie123; 11-12-2019, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchie123 View Post
                    Hi There, I'm planning to upgrade my keyboard. I've been playing a lot of RPG games lately and I feel there's something lag happening in between. I'm looking at Corsair K95 RGB Platinum but the price is just outrageous. A mid-range keyboard like Logitech G413 looks very competitive as well. Has anyone had any feedback? Referencing some good findings here
                    Here's the keyboard I've been using. It's great for any PC game and for typing as well.
                    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Comment

RockPaperShotgun - Best gaming keyboard 2019

Comment

• Irritablesquid
                        Irritablesquid commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They are expensive, I bought mine about 10 years ago for £30 for a keyboard and mouse and still using them to this day.
                        I though about changing them for something newer but that would be like changing my dog for a newer dog.

• Linkblade
                        Linkblade commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Irritablesquid what keyboard do you have? Is it mechanical? I remember going from the regular membrane keyboard to mechanical. After I experienced mechanical, membrane just felt sluggish and unplayable. Especially in fast FPS.

• Irritablesquid
                        Irritablesquid commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I have no idea what brand my keyboard is, it's been through a lot so some of the writing has been dubbed off and that includes the WASD keys.
                        It is mechanical, I've had to use membrane at work and I hate it.

I like hearing the clicks, there's something nice about it.

If you are searching for the best keyboard on the market, it has to be the steelseries apex pro. It's a bit expensive but what you are getting for the price is unbelievably good. The smoothest and fastest switch on the market (SteelSeries OmniPoint switch) the build quality is absolutely amazing, there's zero flex or bend on the keyboard, it has built in display and a couple of other amazing features. I wrote an article if you want to read more in-depth about the keyboard you can do so right here --> https://computersknowledge.com/apex-pro-review/ Hope this helped!!

Comment

I have Logitech G613 keyboard, not sure it is the best, but it is very very good

Comment

Working...
                        X