Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSmithz
    replied
    VPN is important part of today's online privacy. It is necesaary to protect yourself and your data from online threats and VPN is a main solution for it. That's why it's important to select a VPN provider such as Surfshark that doesn't keep logs. Such as Surfshark as it provides intact advanced security features and encryption level. In reality, if it's the spy agencies you're concerned about then you need something so much better than just a VPN and asking on public forums wouldn't be a smart idea either. I only care to provide advice as far as basic personal privacy is concerned.
    Last edited by DSmithz; 05-01-2020, 07:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Aidy
    commented on 's reply
    "I won't go into here" - So give me a link. As for browsing the web without a VPN, I already do.

• Baron Baldric
    replied
    Originally posted by DazoftheDroid View Post

Yeah, "free" VPN's are known to be free because they track you, and record everything you do, basically negating the reason for a VPN. Well done.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	vpn-meme.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	64796

Leave a comment:

• DazoftheDroid
    commented on 's reply
    Apart from the obvious ("you don't trust the connection like public wifi then a VPN will protect your email credentials from snooping"), you are severely downplaying the role a VPN does. I won't go into it here coz it would be pages long but i will ask this:

If you are so sure, Aidy, then log in to all of your social accounts without a VPN activated. I dare ya.

• DazoftheDroid
    replied
    Originally posted by Baron Baldric View Post
    Opera has an integrated advertising blocker and free VPN, for the paranoiacs.Click image for larger version  Name:	Pinkie_Pie_and_Deadpool.png Views:	1 Size:	289.6 KB ID:	64332
    Yeah, "free" VPN's are known to be free because they track you, and record everything you do, basically negating the reason for a VPN. Well done.
    Last edited by DazoftheDroid; 09-13-2019, 10:24 PM. Reason: My grammar sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Zagreus_Veritas
    commented on 's reply
    @twidget
    It is such a shame that you can't like individual comments on this forum...
    +1

• Zagreus_Veritas
    commented on 's reply
    You are absolutely right, I forgot to put it in italics. Fixed now, though.

• DazoftheDroid
    commented on 's reply
    YEAH, this guy a fool. Use a VPN, don'y be a fool.

BTW, no one still has "found" me.

• DazoftheDroid
    commented on 's reply
    No catch, other than psycho people. I would say - use one.

• DazoftheDroid
    commented on 's reply
    I like your made up words, that describe exactly what is going on.

• Aidy
    replied
    https doesn't hide activity on a site, it just means your network traffic can't be intercepted between the browser and the server (it can be intercepted, but not read or altered), so man in the middle attacks won't work. VPN's don't do much about tracking you in terms of what websites hold against you, it just hides from your ISP that you connected to certain site, but depending on the VPN you use that might not help you against governments or legal requests to disclose. VPNs aren't really going to help you against getting your data or identity stolen either. Similar to https it's good to protect your traffic between the browser and the VPN server but after that you're still in the wild west and it doesn't protect you from viri, phishing etc. Other things VPNs are good for is non-http traffic such as your email etc, as if you are somewhere you don't trust the connection like public wifi then a VPN will protect your email credentials from snooping.

Leave a comment:

• Aidy
    replied
    Most tracking, profiling etc is done by cookies which a VPN isn't going to stop.

Leave a comment:

• Balta666
    commented on 's reply
    Good luck (who does not love minimum number of letters...)

• The Messenger
    replied
    I WOULD use a VPN if I could find one that didn't completely fuck with my computer's performance and also block me from some of my favorite sites who apparently don't like visitors who hide their IP address

Everybody says use a VPN but never tell you what the catch is, just like everything else in life. There's ALWAYS a catch

Leave a comment:

• Thomas_JCG
    commented on 's reply
    Then I'll remember your name next time I need money.
Working...
X