Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aidy
    commented on 's reply
    "I won't go into here" - So give me a link. As for browsing the web without a VPN, I already do.

• Baron Baldric
    replied
    Originally posted by DazoftheDroid View Post

Yeah, "free" VPN's are known to be free because they track you, and record everything you do, basically negating the reason for a VPN. Well done.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	vpn-meme.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	64796

Leave a comment:

• Hyperweasle
    commented on 's reply
    DazoftheDroid Of course, however there are some people who don't even know how to turn on a computer. LOL

• DazoftheDroid
    commented on 's reply
    Of course not, but if you are serious then you know that already. Don't ya?

• Hyperweasle
    commented on 's reply
    DazoftheDroid I agree, more protection the better. However I think some people are just pointing out that's it's not end all be all, because a large chunk of cyber breaches are caused by human error.

• DazoftheDroid
    commented on 's reply
    Apart from the obvious ("you don't trust the connection like public wifi then a VPN will protect your email credentials from snooping"), you are severely downplaying the role a VPN does. I won't go into it here coz it would be pages long but i will ask this:

If you are so sure, Aidy, then log in to all of your social accounts without a VPN activated. I dare ya.

• DazoftheDroid
    replied
    Originally posted by Baron Baldric View Post
    Opera has an integrated advertising blocker and free VPN, for the paranoiacs.Click image for larger version  Name:	Pinkie_Pie_and_Deadpool.png Views:	1 Size:	289.6 KB ID:	64332
    Yeah, "free" VPN's are known to be free because they track you, and record everything you do, basically negating the reason for a VPN. Well done.
    Last edited by DazoftheDroid; 09-13-2019, 10:24 PM. Reason: My grammar sucks.

Leave a comment:

• DazoftheDroid
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, do all of the above, with the assistance of a VPN.

• Hyperweasle
    commented on 's reply
    That's what I meant, anyone outside from the connection between the client and the server you are connecting to is encrypted, meaning outside people from the connection can't see the decrypted information. I just simplified the explanation.

• Zagreus_Veritas
    commented on 's reply
    @twidget
    It is such a shame that you can't like individual comments on this forum...
    +1

• Zagreus_Veritas
    commented on 's reply
    I run a small Minecraft server so I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to IP security. I am using a domain OFC, but anyone can resolve an IP from those.
    Anyone that you'd need to be worried about anyway.

• Zagreus_Veritas
    commented on 's reply
    You are absolutely right, I forgot to put it in italics. Fixed now, though.

• twidget
    commented on 's reply
    Is anyone looking?

"Paranoia strikes deep
    Into your life it will creep."

Take your meds!

• DazoftheDroid
    commented on 's reply
    YEAH, this guy a fool. Use a VPN, don'y be a fool.

BTW, no one still has "found" me.

• DazoftheDroid
    commented on 's reply
    No catch, other than psycho people. I would say - use one.
Working...
X