No announcement yet.

I have a question about the leadership.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question about the leadership.

First Thank You Tonic for doing your best. However I have never got a straight answer which as been asked from almost beginning of this forum.

Why is it that we can't have more leadership to help get this forum running again, why is that it seems to be abandon yet the small loyal community seems to have little to no input on trying to revitalize the forum. I'll jump straight to the point, my can't more people who have been loyal to this forum get a bigger role in leading the forum, it seems like to me that the people running the site have some type of god complex that they don't want to let go.

I think the community that has been loyal even despite all the shortcomings of the forum deserve an explanation and no more sidestepping and turning blind eye to the issue. Why is the community is made to suffer under the lack of attention and care from the people running this forum? Why is it that a forum clearly abandon can't appoint new leadership that actually has a passion for this forum?
    Hippity hoppity, your spam is now my property!

I will be honest, I don't mind about getting new leadership or non at all.

BUT, I do wish to know what is going on with Exclusively games?

)> The Youtube Channel of Exclusively games LAST video was 2 months ago.

)> I would love to see actual numbers of people visiting the main Website and the Forums.

)> How many people are active on Discord.

)> Do you have ANY plans to bring life back to the forums or the main website (if numbers are low).

)> Tell us anything dear moderators.
    ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
    Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

You ask about leadership?
      There is none.
      It's a cult of personality with Jeremy at the center.

The creation of Exclusively Games was nothing more than a giant virtue signal.
      "Look at me!
      I'm creating a politics free zone for gamers.
      "

I think that The Quartering's click-bait videos turn more potentially desirable forum members away than they attract.

The forums have been treated like a red-headed stepchild from the git-go.

The above are all my personal opinions and are not meant to reflect badly on forum members (mostly ) or Tonic, the mod that didn't abandon us.
      Last edited by twidget; 01-12-2020, 10:44 PM.
      Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

• Irritablesquid
        Irritablesquid commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with this.
        I've started to wonder the real reason for the creation of this forum, was it to prove he could do it or was it because he has gone mad with power.

Either way I stopped watching his videos ages ago, when I started seeing how petty he can be and how excited he got when making Brie Larson videos.
        He keeps popping up on my suggestion list and I've noticed how he has really started taking advantage of clickbait, same reason I stopped watching YongYea.

I do like this forum, the lack of politics is nice considering the internet is full of it.
        At the moment I'm getting bombarded with either politics or Prince Harry rubbish, this is the few moments of peace I get on the internet.

Show me the money. I said it before and I'll say it again. Myself and quite a few others supported the Indiegogo. I think we deserve at least the most basic of budgets/expense reports....e g , I spent $x on this, $y on that, and $z on this other thing in the past year, and $w or $0 of the money raised is left. He did a second Indiegogo which I did not support precisely because he wasn't transparent about how he spent the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by aileron View Post
        Show me the money. I said it before and I'll say it again. Myself and quite a few others supported the Indiegogo. I think we deserve at least the most basic of budgets/expense reports....e g , I spent $x on this, $y on that, and $z on this other thing in the past year, and $w or $0 of the money raised is left. He did a second Indiegogo which I did not support precisely because he wasn't transparent about how he spent the first one.

Luckily I'm broke and didn't have the money to just throw money into this. Quite a shame that people gave money to this site and this is how they were repaid.

In the past anytime someone had a question about how this site is being run, it either gets a weak answer or dodged entirely. I feel like the people are purposely leaving us in the dark, even from the start about 80% of the mods were rarely if ever active.

If we don't get an answer again I might try reposting my poll about trying to start a new forum again, because very little has changed since then and it's irritating me.
        Hippity hoppity, your spam is now my property!

Comment

There's still work going on to try end the bot spam and not hinder users posts (e.g. approvals being needed on posts by regular users). As for additional Mods, this is still something being looked at but is currently on the slow down till we ensure the tools on offer are suitable for wider use across a wider group of people.

As you mentioned, Discord tends to be a more popular platform, as is social media. This, of course, leaves forums to normally foster a more niche community.

As for YouTube, there's content planned that differs from the series previously seen.

hope this clears a few things up!
          Mod

Comment

• Necromancerx69
            Necromancerx69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man, also great work keeping the forums bot-free.
        Working...
        X