No announcement yet.

Red Dead 2 launch is a total disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got RE 2 to work by after the update by completely uninstalling the Rockstar Launcher then reinstalling it. SMH.

Comment

So I found some settings that kind of help make the game playable. Though I shouldn't have to. I should be able to just put everything on high and go with it. Considering I am only running the game at 1080 with a GTX 1070 Ti. It still doesn't run as well as it should. It's been 3 days now and no word from Rockstar on a performance patch. This is basically GTA 4 levels of optimization. There are idiots crawling all over the internet telling people who complain about performance that their 2-5 year old CPU's can't handle the game and they need to upgrade. I already had one drooling retard on Reddit post that garbage to me. Though the game isn't even utilizing that much of my CPU. The highest I have seen is 45-50%. My GPU is about 85-99% usage most times.

I found this video on YouTube that helped out some. Though he does play it using a 1080 Ti so you will have to keep that mind with your own settings. Also some of the settings are basically broken. This game is a total mess. Moving the textures below ultra basically makes them look like they are on low. There is also something screwed up about the water settings. I have heard setting the game to low across all settings just makes it look like garbage. He says you might as well just go play it on a console at that point.

I don't know why they say the first few settings should have minimal performance impact cause those are some of the more demanding settings in a lot of games. Anything involving lighting, shadows, particle effects usually have pretty heavy impacts on performance.

I found this on Reddit and it helped some. But I really hate using Reddit.

The following settings combined should have a minimal performance hit, so therefore can probably be maxed out:

Lighting Quality - Ultra

Global Illumination Quality - Ultra

Far Shadow Quality - Ultra

Mirror Quality - Ultra

Particle Quality - High/Ultra [Requires restart]

Tessellation Quality - Ultra

[Advanced]

Unlocked Volumetric Raymarch Resolution - On (Not recommended for older cards)

Particle Lighting Quality - Ultra

Long Shadows - On

Resolution Scale - (Not tested)

TAA Sharpening

Motion Blur - (Not tested)

Tree Quality - Ultra

Parallax Occlusion Mapping Quality - Ultra

Decal Quality - Ultra

Fur Quality - Ultra

The following settings might have a heavy impact on performance and were tested at highest vs lowest, with the performance impact noted:

Anisotropic Filtering - Impact: Minor (Recommended: 8X/16X)

Texture Quality - Impact: Minor (Recommended: High/Ultra) [Requires restart]

Shadow Quality - Impact: Moderate (Recommended: High)

Reflection Quality - Impact: Major (Recommended: Medium/High)

Water Quality - Impact: Moderate/Major (Recommended: Medium/High)

Volumetrics quality - Impact: Major (Recommended: Medium/High)

TAA - Impact: Minor/Moderate (Recommended: Off/Medium)

FXAA - Impact: Minor/Moderate (Recommended: Personal preference)

MSAA - Impact: Major (Recommended: Off)

Soft Shadows - Impact: Minor (Recommended: High)

Grass Shadows - Impact: Minor (Recommended: High)

Full Resolution Screen Space Ambient Occlusion - Impact: Minor (Recommended: On)

Reflection MSAA - Impact: Not tested (Recommended: Off)

Geometry Level of Detail - Moderate/Major (Recommended: 2/5)

Grass Level of Detail - Impact: Major (Recommended: 3/10)
      Last edited by Cuzin_Ed; 11-08-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

You would think by now gamers would've learnt not to buy new games at launch in today's environment.

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
          Cuzin_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          Justince Yeah I know. New games bad. New games bad!

• Magvel
          Magvel commented
          Editing a comment
          Cuzin ed really unable to discuss without using strawmen or purposefully misunderstand the other's point really is surprising huh (no)

Funniest thing is I'm a big advocate of 2019 being one of the best years in terms of games but yeah new games can suck. Hell wasn't this dude the one who was weirdly enthusiastic at wolfenstein youngblood being a bad game ?

• Irritablesquid
          Irritablesquid commented
          Editing a comment
          At no point did he say to never buy new games.
          You shouldn't pre-order games or buy them on launch, not really hard to understand.

Nice try at twisting what I actually meant. In fact did you actually read what I posted before deciding to go full snark? Read it again, "at launch" being the key words used.

It's an unfortunate reality of modern gaming, but maybe stop buying modern games at launch and expect them to work properly.
        Last edited by Gemini73; 11-08-2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini73 View Post
          Nice try at twisting what I actually meant. In fact did you actually read what I posted before deciding to go full snark? Read it again, "at launch" being the key words used.

It's an unfortunate reality of modern gaming, but maybe stop buying modern games at launch and expect them to work properly.
          Agreed. I could help push developers to delivered finished games again.

Comment

The only reason I bought the game early was the 20 bucks off The Special ED.

Comment

I don't know why this is even a discussion. Shit is supposed to work when you buy it. That's a basic assumption of a financial transaction in capitalism. Name one other thing that you buy regularly, something that changes from one iteration to the next, i.e. Not a commodity, that's broken when you buy it. The only thing I can think of is shit directly from China on Amazon and most of the time that stuff's ok too.

Video games are broken on launch. Just expect to get that for your $80. Why are you so stupid and complaining here? ..... Yeah, that's a valid argument.... Not.

Comment

Originally posted by aileron View Post
                I don't know why this is even a discussion. Shit is supposed to work when you buy it. That's a basic assumption of a financial transaction in capitalism. Name one other thing that you buy regularly, something that changes from one iteration to the next, i.e. Not a commodity, that's broken when you buy it. The only thing I can think of is shit directly from China on Amazon and most of the time that stuff's ok too.

Video games are broken on launch. Just expect to get that for your $80. Why are you so stupid and complaining here? ..... Yeah, that's a valid argument.... Not.
                Valid or not 9/10 times games, particularly from AAA publishers/Devs, are broken at launch. The only way this will stop is if gamers stop buying them at launch and, as shown here, this isn't going to happen.

Conclusion? Expect games to be broken on one level or another during the launch period for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by Gemini73; 11-09-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aileron View Post

Imagine if you bought a new car that didn't run right or you bought a house and had to wait for someone to put the roof on. Games should work. Especially when they have been held back for a year. RDR2 feels like Rockstar could have given us this pile of shit back in October when the consoles got it. The game is a mess. It has a ton of issues. What did they do with the year they spent working on this game? If you played the game you would think not much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzin_Ed View Post

Imagine if you bought a new car that didn't run right or you bought a house and had to wait for someone to put the roof on.
                    Then you wouldn't buy it? You'd be a nincompoop to buy something that isn't finished right?

Comment

Imagine you bought a new house and it had flaws....

https://www.newbuildinspections.com/...t-is-snagging/
                      Iconoclast

Jeremy: ResetEra is a forum full of outrage merchants
                      Also Jeremy: Join ExclusivelyGames, a forum full of outrage merchants

Comment

[insert AAA game here] is broken at launch!

In other news, the sky is blue and Epstein didn't- wait, not going there.
                        Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

Rockstar is too big to fail. This won't even make a sound at the company meetings. Releasing broken shit is just part of the industry at this point, especially considering newer generations of gamers literally know nothing different.

Comment

• Irritablesquid
                            Irritablesquid commented
                            Editing a comment
                            They will have made enough money from all the idiots pre-ordering and buying on launch day.
                            No doubt some people will have bought the game twice.

Not surprised R* barely gives a shit about PC gamers. Might get it during Steam's summer sale if it's patched and under 40 bucks at least
                          I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
                            Cuzin_Ed commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Waiting for a patch is the best thing to do. Unless you don't mind spending a bunch of money on upgrades for your PC.

Video games industry is one of the only industry's were it is okay to release a broken product and still make a ton of money. As many of you stated imagine buying car, or a house that had the same production quality Video games do?

Comment

Working...
                          X