More bad news XCOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More bad news XCOM

After the political hackjob that was XCOM: Chimera Squad, Firaxis seems hell bent on angering their loyal fans.
    They updated the original XCOM2 game, and added a new unified launcher that is universal between chimera squad / xcom2 / Civilization 6.

Apart from an unified launcher being completely pointless, they also managed to break mod support in XCOM2 for most players with the new launcher.
    Mod support was what guaranteed the longevity of XCOM2, that's why people kept coming back.

The steam forums are blowing up with complaints from frustrated players all saying that they lost mod functionality, and the game have also wiped saved custom characters for some players.
    A few have reported successful workarounds, like using the community developed mod launcher.But some people have it even worse, not being able to launch the game at all.

Firaxis hasn't yet acknowledged the problem, there seems to be absolutely crickets about it. Apart from a few vile shills defending them saying they are not obligated to support mods.Of course they are not, if they want people to stop playing it.

Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
    Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

OOF!

I guess it's a good thing I stopped playing XCOM 2 not long ago (even uninstalled it), other wise I would be pissed.
    I will have to keep checking the news before I decide to play XCOM 2 again.
    ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
    Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

Wow what a shitshow (first time I am hearing about it)

Comment

Originally posted by Balta666 View Post
        Wow what a shitshow (first time I am hearing about it)
        As far as I can tell nobody has picked it up yet, I only know about it because I encountered the issue when I tried to load up xcom2 with mods.
        Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991

Comment

What the hell is going on in the games industry?
          The LSD better be good.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMummy76 View Post

As far as I can tell nobody has picked it up yet, I only know about it because I encountered the issue when I tried to load up xcom2 with mods.
            Interesting, no one on the Steam reviews seem to be saying anything about it, I would have thought the game would have been review bombed for disrupting people mods.
            However for me, I'm able to boot up the game with the new launcher and play with mods without any issues. Strange this isn't a universal issue where some are able to play just fine while others can't launch or play with mods at all. It's possible the new launcher is conflicting with a mod in particular, rather breaking all mods outright.
            I got my health...... still waiting for my wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperweasle View Post

Interesting, no one on the Steam reviews seem to be saying anything about it, I would have thought the game would have been review bombed for disrupting people mods.
              However for me, I'm able to boot up the game with the new launcher and play with mods without any issues. Strange this isn't a universal issue where some are able to play just fine while others can't launch or play with mods at all. It's possible the new launcher is conflicting with a mod in particular, rather breaking all mods outright.
              All I know is that none of the mods worked. Perhaps it is connected to what DLC content you own, or perhaps whether you have chimera or not.
              And it is entirely possible they fixed it without admitting it in the first place. I haven't seen new complaints about it last time I checked, when I encountered it 9 out of 10 new topics on steam was a complaint about mods not working.

Correction: Just checked, 10 of the 15 newest topics are still about the launcher / mod issues, so it definitely hasn't been fixed.
              Last edited by MadMummy76; 05-26-2020, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMummy76 View Post

All I know is that none of the mods worked. Perhaps it is connected to what DLC content you own, or perhaps whether you have chimera or not.
                And it is entirely possible they fixed it without admitting it in the first place. I haven't seen new complaints about it last time I checked, when I encountered it 9 out of 10 new topics on steam was a complaint about mods not working.
                I did notice manually installed mods weren't showing up for me, so it might depend whether people are using the Workshop or using something like The Nexus for their mods
                I got my health...... still waiting for my wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperweasle View Post

I did notice manually installed mods weren't showing up for me, so it might depend whether people are using the Workshop or using something like The Nexus for their mods
                  I only used the workshop, still all mods were gone, nothing showed up in-game with the new launcher. I had to download AML to get them working again.

Comment

Working...
                  X