Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The quest for the best-which Final Fantasy is your favorite?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My top three would be FFVI, FFIX, and either FFVIII or FFIV, and in that order. I technically haven't played through FFX and FFXIII on, even though I've played some of those, but I've played the other prior ones. FFVI did everything right: the plot was fantastic, the characters were all very fleshed out and likable, the music was the best in the series, the combat system was one of the best, and, overall, it was just a really enjoyable experience. FFVII was pretty good as well, but I've played Xenogears and, in my opinion, Xenogears was like a much better version of FFVII. Xenogears just did everything right that FFVII didn't do right and everything that FFVII did well, Xenogears did it and did it better. So, as a FF game, it was good, but as a JRPG, it just wasn't as good as Xenogears.

Comment

VII, IX, VIII, VI -- in that order.

Comment

Hands down IX, then I'll go for XI just because of how much I compare other MMOs today with it. Annnnd X in there because im still in love with that movie regardless of how much I with they didn't let us name Tidus and just say his damn name.. >_>

Comment

I'd have to go for IX, simply because it got so many things right and conveyed the sense of what FF is all about.
          The characters were varied and lovable, the world was fantastical, deep and rich.

Also, I remember being really surprised at how great VIII was, despite not liking the realistic(for the time) graphics.

Comment

For me, it's a close call between FF7 and FF8. If I have to chose I will pick 8, but I enjoyed both immensely

Comment

4 is my favorite, i haven't played 3,11,13,14 or 15 though.

Comment

Final Fantasy 2 (4) is my favorite Final Fantasy. The music is still fantastic, with arguably the most iconic boss music in the entire series. The story was great (for it's time) and all the characters were memorable.

It's not the best Final Fantasy, that's 3 (6), but it's the one that I can go back to again and again and never get tired of it.

Comment

My favs were 7, 9, 12 zodiac age and tactics. 8 and 13 plus it's sequels were utter shit "imo".
                  "He who dares not offend
                  cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine

Comment

Best series hands down all good in their own way. Stuck on an island with only one game to play ever again (no 11 or 14) Tactics.

Comment

Toss up btwn FF7 and FFX.

Comment

Working...
                      X