Looking For Feedback On A First Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Feedback On A First Impressions

I'm looking for some feedback for a first impressions I wrote about the ARPG Victor Vran for my MINDS channel that I will be making in to a video fairly soon. Anybody down for helping me grow as a journalist/writer/youtuber?

https://www.minds.com/aus741/blog/vi...38241913946112

Your impressions are good, you described the game very well. I never heard of this game before, but had no problem understanding what you were talking about.

You might want to keep an eye on the grammar, though. You ate a lot of commas.
    "Without Games, Life would be a Mistake" - All of the Founding Fathers, in unison.

Comment

• aus741
      aus741 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll keep that in mind, thanks

• aus741
      aus741 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also if you're interested in seeing what Victor Vran is like, you can get a Steam key off G2A for round $1.50 AUD.

PS: I am not a paid shill. I'm just letting you know

• Thomas_JCG
      Thomas_JCG commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, but as TelperionST advises, don't recommend G2A, they have a bad history. For key resellers, GMG and Humble are always trustworthy and always have good prices.

The banner image looks good and grabbed my interest immediately. Paragraphs are of suitable length with enough pictures in-between to make reading the text easier. I appreciate the gap between the third and fourth paragraphs. Like Thomas_JCG said you should pay more attention to grammar. The first sentence of the first paragraph is cumbersome to read, which is not a great way to start. If you want to read a concise and informative book on the topic, I would recommend The Trivium: The Liberal Arts of Logic, Grammar, and Rhetoric by Sister Miriam Joseph.

I'm not sure, if it's a good idea to start your first impressions by spending most of the first paragraph talking about a different game. I do understand that you want to capitalize on recent controversy to boost reader interest, but that can also be seen as a negative. I would advise you to thread carefully.

Overall, I think you did a good job. This game clearly lacks the depth and polish of the Diablo-series, but isn't a bad attempt at an ARPG. Personally I would recommend Torchlight and Torchlight II, over this title, but those are slightly older games. The game is very reasonably priced for what's on offer here, but I would suggest that you don't recommend G2A. If you buy their Steam keys you might end up losing your game and not getting a refund, when Steam steps in due to questionable business practices.

I also appreciate that you showed how many hours you have put into the game before writing your first impressions. That's valuable information.

Comment

• aus741
      aus741 commented
      Editing a comment
      I live in Australia and we have to pay $90 for the Resident Evil 2 remake on Steam at full price. So for us G2A is just as valid a source for PC game keys as Humble Bundle, which is how I got my copy of Vran alongside some other titles.

Anyway thanks for the feedback. Just what I was looking for
Working...
X