dLUX JUMBO Dice! (On Kickstarter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dLUX JUMBO Dice! (On Kickstarter)

Hey all! Normally I'm just part of the quiet majority who reads, and watches youtube videos without commenting much. However, I did want to share something I, and my father make: dLUX JUMBO Dice.

We do have a Kickstarter going for the project, and we are open to feedback! Here are some pictures for you all to check out (also on the Kickstarter). Given recent suggestions we also allow for Backers to opt in for "Spindown" dice on D20s as a life/health counter similar to those found in Magic The Gathering.

Let me know what you think! Thank you for your time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	305fa7f5583d7e22022c66a18460fc0a_original.png?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1554224709&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=8d276a7b5f02e9ee657555dc44c2f6e5.png
Views:	0
Size:	369.3 KB
ID:	45098Click image for larger version

Name:	aee5893f4af72538868406af8faa3ab8_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1554231584&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=5ac5326a6e82473b89774d0a474fff50.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	45099
    HuntsbrookInc is raising funds for dLUX JUMBO Dice on Kickstarter! Hand crafted and laser engraved jumbo dice inspired by ones used for RPG board games.
    Shameless Self Shilling:
    I make things with my pop's at huntsbrook.etsy.com
    We're also on Kickstarter with dLUX JUMBO Dice!

I have some criticisms about the Kickstarter video.

First, your voice and the music in the video are monotonous and lacking in energy. Commercials advertising antidepressants do a better job of holding my interest. I would suggest having more energy and more exciting music. You are essentially trying to sell a toy, so your attitude should be "look at this really cool thing!"

Second, the video did not include any dice rolling. Unless these dice are strictly for decoration, you should show us footage of the dice being rolled.

Anyway, good luck with your kickstarter. It seems like a good idea.
    https://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/pikachu.gif

My Profile > Edit Settings > Account Tab > Scroll down to "Conversational Detail Options" > Click the Link > Eat a cookie

Comment

Originally posted by ethansito View Post
      I have some criticisms about the Kickstarter video.

First, your voice and the music in the video are monotonous and lacking in energy. Commercials advertising antidepressants do a better job of holding my interest. I would suggest having more energy and more exciting music. You are essentially trying to sell a toy, so your attitude should be "look at this really cool thing!"

Second, the video did not include any dice rolling. Unless these dice are strictly for decoration, you should show us footage of the dice being rolled.

Anyway, good luck with your kickstarter. It seems like a good idea.
      True! I can find a week to refine the audio choices, but you also make a good point about rolling (probably replace some of the B-roll). I can't stray too far from the original dialogue, however uplifting the tone can be a massive improvement. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to have an update video showing the dice in action!

I appreciate the feedback.
      Shameless Self Shilling:
      I make things with my pop's at huntsbrook.etsy.com
      We're also on Kickstarter with dLUX JUMBO Dice!

Comment

The craftsmanship is very nice. Good luck with the campaign.

Comment

Working...
        X