Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am recreating The Kowloon Walled City on Hammer Editor

Why are you doing it?
    Celebrating over 1000 contributions of the highest quality! ?

Comment

To use it on a roleplay server.
      Also many people told me it cannot be done.
      (TO create the kowloon walled city in hammer)

(im not creating ALL of it it WOULD be impossible, but some if not a major section of it yes.

Comment

That's the spirit.

Comment

Comment

This could be really fun in a multiplayer shooter or in one of these melee focused games like Mordhau.

Comment

trying 2 make it as interactive as possible
              the whole map will encourage gunplay because of the tight angles and escapes

Comment

Comment

Comment

As above, I am attempting to create a roleplay map based off the Kowloon Walled City.
                    Many say it can't be done, but with a few tricks and Hammer Editor Magic I think I can achieve something worth while.
                    I have seen SOME attempts at the Walled City but nothing quite striking.
                    I am self-taught on Hammer Editior and have had no help besides me searching online for tutorials and learning with the database.
                    I have several iteration videos on the channel but this one is recent as of this post.
                    I still have ALOT of work to do, and hope I can bring this map into fruition.

My goal is to add alot of escape options, and general city navigation will consist of finding your favorite route on top, through, and below the buildings. Plenty of areas to ditch equipment, or evade arrest.

My skybox is NOT ideal. The Boxed in Apartment area is TEMPORARY.

let me know what you all think. Down below you will find my current compile and maximum list. I am sitting at roughly 10% cap of the editor.
                    Everything is on grid, no leaks, and with minimal lighting a 24 second compile time. (Lighting will be sufficiently added. Any lights seen are temporary and the city will eventually only emit light from where light sources come from, not lit up around every corner.

Comment

Looks like you are making progress.

Comment

• Savvyge
                        Savvyge commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you Animusister! I can always count on you to bump a thread with some support <3
                    Working...
                    X