What boardgames have you been playing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So tonight I got in a couple of newly acquired games

The first was Clans of Caledonia which is a economic based euro based in Scotland

Next was Ganz Schon Clever which I got my own copy of this afternoon. It is a pretty neat roll and write that requires more thinking than most roll and writes

Sex is cool but have you tried board games?

Comment

I've been playing Risk (Lord of The Rings edition), Monopoly (Cheaters edition) and i'm thinking about getting Settlers of Catan. Is it good?
      Last edited by Pliskin Zanzibar; 03-05-2019, 01:12 PM. Reason: Capitilazation.

Comment

I just finished a game of Star Wars Rebellion with my wife, (lots of fun). We are currently playing through some Gloomhaven with some friends of ours (Also super fun). We are also working on Zombiecide at home, trying to get our two eldest kids to join in. We love board games at our house, we have a bunch.

Comment

Been playing Frostgrave with a buddy of mine. I'm building a ton of terrain at the moment in anticipation between sessions. I like the game a lot. Pretty simple to pick up, rules are fairly straightforward. Rulebook is cheap. I like the fact that the rulebook encourages you to use whatever miniatures you want. I have a ton of minis from years of DnD, Warhammer, and Bones Kickstarters.

Comment

• IronCrane2003
            IronCrane2003 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you taken a look at Reaper's Warlord miniature game?

• DorfLord
            DorfLord commented
            Editing a comment
            No I haven't. I just downloaded and scanned the quick play rules. Is it an army game or skirmish? It doesn't say anything about building an army in the quick play rules.

Betrayal at the House on the Hill is my general go to for a small party, that or Dead of Winter.

Comment

• Pentegarn
            Pentegarn commented
            Editing a comment
            I had to stop playing Betrayal. It is a neat game, I like what it wants to do, but every time I play it I am the haunt. Every. Single. Time. It's become a meme in my gaming circle. Last time I played Betrayal at Baldur's Gate and I thought to myself, "self, don't bother going into new rooms. Instead, just hit the rooms that boost stats instead and then you won't be the haunt this time" Omen roll finally fails, and the haunt is "2 seats to the right of who failed the roll" which is me. Really Betrayal? Really? My girlfriend though it was hilarious though.

GF is tired so we're just gonna spend the next couple days board gaming. Should be playing some in a bit but for now I played some roll and writes last Saturday with our friend who owns a board game store and didn't post them (shame on me I know)

First we played some Ganz Schon Clever again (I am really into this one it is renewing my love of roll and writes)

Then we played Twenty One, which is only available in Germany but we ordered it anyway and printed out some English instructions. You roll 6 colored dice and everyone must fill in at least one spot in the topmost row they are on. You can take any roll equal to or less than what your score sheet calls for (and the sheets are actually different for each player) and you cannot start a new row till you finish the topmost unfilled row you are on. Scoring per row is pip count plus a bonus based off the number of exact die rolls you get valued anywhere from 1-21. Game ends when a player finishes the bottom row

Next we played Qwinto which is similar to Qwixx, but there are column rules and scoring. Game ends when a player either completes 2 rows or gets 4 misses

Then as a side tip from the roll and write we delved into a card and write with Qwinto: The Card Game which is pretty much Qwinto but you play cards instead of rolling dice

Finally we capped things off with Railroad Ink Red (there's a blue version too) I apparently scored my longest road wrong (gave myself 10 instead of 11)

Comment

So last week we played more of the same roll and writes (and card and writes)

Played a round of Qwinto the card game

Another round of Ganz Schon Clever

Then we played a print and play of the sequel Dopplet so Clever

Comment

The next day at the board game club we played Duelosaur Island

Then Clans of Caledonia

More Ganz Schon Clever (safe to say I am really liking this game)

Then Railroad Ink

And finally Forum Trajanum

Comment

GF ordered a bunch of new roll and writes and we got to try a couple

Noch Mal is made by the good folk who made Ganz Shon Clever. You fill in sections based off what color and pip count you roll, choose one of each and others get to choose from what you left behind.

Then we played Qwantum, from th makers of Qwixx, Qwinto, and Rolling America. Not sure if I am hot on this one yet, I keep getting shafted on die rolls excessively in this one

Comment

Tried a couple new roll and writes and played a favorite 4x

Kribbeln is a Yahtzee like game where you have a series of different challenges, your score pip counts on 6 total dice and highest pip count gets the most points per challenge

Next we tried a Tetris like roll and write named Brikks. You roll to determine the random block that falls and put it in. Using points gained from specific block placements you can turn them or change them, you can destroy 3 bricks per game but lose points for doing so and you get bonus score for finishing multiple perfect lines in one move

Then we got in a basic 4x in a game based off Civ 5 called Civilization the New Dawn. Game play is handled from a sliding 5 action selection where the longer you wait for an action the more effective it becomes

Comment

Just introduced a friend to this. I am planning to replace a few of the pieces as I got mine used in an antique store and some of the little plastic bits were melted and bent.

It isnt a great game, but it has a few good things going for it.

Comment

• Pentegarn
                      Pentegarn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ooooh. At first I thought that was one of the 18xx train games. Neat find

Introduced my wife and her friend to A Touch of Evil tonight. My wife normally isnt the type for these sorts of games, but she actually really enjoyed this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X