Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, ladies and gents.

I think this dog has had its day.
    I have loved doing this for a long time and more recently things went downhill, I spent years trying to build everyone up, and I am proud of that effort I think I spent a year or two doing this before I took it to YouTube, but let's be honest its not working, it reminds me of how I was kicked out the joint for telling someone to get better because they supported a violent terrorist group. So on a small scale, the forces of darkness won. But there isn't much I can do I tried to restart things then having a broken laptop didn't help and well just things were against me. Honestly, my passion for miniatures has faded, I am sure you all noticed that I painted less, I never lost the passion for you guys because I loved seeing you guys come back but, I don't think it was right to try and rebuild here I don't think there is fertile soil here, especially with some other users running around. This wasn't the place which I tried to build before the one spot of positivity in the ocean of negativity. It is hard to do when this is not the same atmosphere as before.

But mostly personal troubles killed it, behind the scenes. I am sure those long time among you have seen the mask slowly slipping, the excitement a tone or two down. WAYPN was always built of the idea of a brighter future, that you can always do better become a better artist becomes a better person, I know I did at the time I started, educated myself, lost 40kg, even when things looked dark found a partner. However, I have lost a lot of those boons and losing my little girl who I cared for as a kitten reminded me that, sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, sometimes someone has cancer and the humane thing is to let go of them no matter the tears.

That's WAYPN right now, it struggles to eat, it still purrs, but I can't help it just like I couldn't help her. Its time to find another endeavour, one where perhaps it will be more fruitful.

I want to give a big thanks to Lawnor and Brushtrokes who followed me here, and stuck with it. I am sure you got something out of it as well but, you didn't have to come.

I didn't think I would put her down so quickly but, I tried guys I really did.

but this is the end.

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caladors View Post
      Alright, ladies and gents.

I think this dog has had its day.
      I have loved doing this for a long time and more recently things went downhill, I spent years trying to build everyone up, and I am proud of that effort I think I spent a year or two doing this before I took it to YouTube, but let's be honest its not working, it reminds me of how I was kicked out the joint for telling someone to get better because they supported a violent terrorist group. So on a small scale, the forces of darkness won. But there isn't much I can do I tried to restart things then having a broken laptop didn't help and well just things were against me. Honestly, my passion for miniatures has faded, I am sure you all noticed that I painted less, I never lost the passion for you guys because I loved seeing you guys come back but, I don't think it was right to try and rebuild here I don't think there is fertile soil here, especially with some other users running around. This wasn't the place which I tried to build before the one spot of positivity in the ocean of negativity. It is hard to do when this is not the same atmosphere as before.

But mostly personal troubles killed it, behind the scenes. I am sure those long time among you have seen the mask slowly slipping, the excitement a tone or two down. WAYPN was always built of the idea of a brighter future, that you can always do better become a better artist becomes a better person, I know I did at the time I started, educated myself, lost 40kg, even when things looked dark found a partner. However, I have lost a lot of those boons and losing my little girl who I cared for as a kitten reminded me that, sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, sometimes someone has cancer and the humane thing is to let go of them no matter the tears.

That's WAYPN right now, it struggles to eat, it still purrs, but I can't help it just like I couldn't help her. Its time to find another endeavour, one where perhaps it will be more fruitful.

I want to give a big thanks to Lawnor and Brushtrokes who followed me here, and stuck with it. I am sure you got something out of it as well but, you didn't have to come.

I didn't think I would put her down so quickly but, I tried guys I really did.

but this is the end.

Thank you.
      I think you're right to cancel the show, time to move onto something else.

For instance WAYPN, was always destined to fail. There are reasons there aren't shows like it out there:

-People were looking for the type of advice you weren't giving,

For instance, people were looking for suggestions of colour schemes, for advice on additional techniques (dry-brushing, over-brushing, glazing, flocking, texturing, etc..) because many pieces were a ''work in progress'' & folks may have been stuck on where to proceed next.

Instead of checking where they were at (by reading the actual forum posted comments) to see if the miniature/terrain was finished, you instead just made assumptions & oft gave advice people weren't looking for & thus unjust critisism (Lawnor said as much in the last video)

-Who are you to critique other's painting styles?

Unless you're a Golden Demon winner/judge, professionally qualified artist or experienced accredited brand-painter - then it may not be your place to tell others how to paint.

There's plenty of great artists & miniature painters out there (with their own youtube channels) who wouldn't dare tell other people how to paint.
      Why's that then? Because it's like taking a dump on someone else's hard work.

You've no idea if the other person has been working for years on a piece (that you may think looks awful) or the rationale behind it. Perhaps' their kitten died & they did the piece as a homage to help themselves move on?

All in all, you have no idea how well or badly someone might receive your take on personal perspective. Pray that your channel never got big enough to find out how much some (less than sane) people react to the slightest criticism

-Pick a format & stick with it

The best way for people to gain trust & respect is for someone to be consistent; same is true for channels. If you pick a weekly format, then stick with it (even if there are no submissions) so that people know when to tune in.

Many good TV shows died quickly because they lost their audience. 'Kings' (a show you've likely never heard of) is such a story. The show was well made, had a stellar cast, good writers, amazing characters, etc.. trouble was the host channel kept changing the time slot from a Wednesday to a Tueseday to then a Sunday & then a Thursday.. thus people saw the show was no longer in the same time slot & assumed it had been cancelled, it hadn't & was a big loss with so much potential.

The moment I saw your channel get better is when you decided to do a stream of consciousness about being invested in painting. This was great, something different but on the same page & spirit of the show. More similar change-ups would have helped save it from stagnation but instead you reverted back to the old dwindling format?

In conclusion, I see a guy/channel with great potential but lacking direction. Given your recent condolences, it's understandable but the last show was very flawed from the get-go & was overly reliant on less than predictable factors with a low chance for audience gravity as a result.
      You're a man with ideas & knowledge, that much is obvious but need to focus them into something that is your own thing, somehting that you will get something out of for yourself, get that part right & do it well & the audience will follow (Build it & they will come).
      You have my condolences for your loss but hopefully this bone-biting take on your show will be painful to reflect on but hopefully helpful in the long-run should you wish to try something new so you don't hit the same potential pitfalls.

I wish you every success & I think I speak for everyone here in that we all want you to succeed on your own terms. Best of luck in whatever your new ventures are

Comment

• I was really happy to see you return. I loved your streams in the old days. I know BoW tried to pick up the slack after you left, but they created a very different show. They don't have the time to try and help everyone like you wanted to. I was excited to see you return and I have enjoyed your streams and feedback. I have noticed that you're not getting the level of participation that would make this work. A large part of this has to be how niche our hobby is. I don't know this site and I suspect it is used by a much smaller portion of the gaming market and you were helping a small section of that small group so would have been faced with a challenge to begin with.

Thank you for your efforts. Know that you and your work are appreciated, and that if years from now Youtube sends me an email saying you've put out a new video I will get excited and jump on it the first chance I get. As I think I said before, if there is no fun in this for you, then its time to move on and find something you do enjoy. Go find your missing mojo.

Comment

• Caladors I never watched your YouTube show but that has nothing to do with you or your show. I just don't watch any YouTubers anymore. Best of luck in the future with whatever you undertake. I hope you will still keep painting and still keep posting photos to this thread. This is one of the longest and most liked threads on the forum!

Comment

• Aw man. I feel like I just missed the Party. I miss the old WAYPN on BoW - it's just not the same now and I rarely post there. And I just managed to get painting again too.

Ah well. Can't say I blame you for calling time though. If you're hearts not in it don't do it, find something that you can put your heart into and do that. Best of luck man and sorry I was late.

​​

Comment

• Working on my WAAAAAUGH

Comment

• aileron
                aileron commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for continuing this thread! And nice paint job on dem orks.

• So the kid wanted a (rainbow) unicorn and i wanted a red mage

Comment

• aileron
                aileron commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome jobs! I really like the skin of the unicorn.

• Originally posted by bonuspoints View Post
              So the kid wanted a (rainbow) unicorn and i wanted a red mage
              thanks!

the secret to white is all the grey undercoats. For white I tend to paint dark to light, with the final white being a dry brush so the mini has depth. I did the same for the white dragon I posted a while ago.

Comment

Working...
              X