Best official D&D board game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best official D&D board game

There have been a number of D&D board games over the years, some of which are still easily available. Have you guys tried them? Which ones are good? I'm thinking about buying one to use it to introduce kids or adults to D&D.

Back in 'the day' I used this to introduce friends to the idea of D&D.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dungeonfront.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	327.3 KB
ID:	50998
    And the current version

Click image for larger version

Name:	9780786965557_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	50999

But really these are a far cry from D&D and very much simple gateway games. The more in depth games like Ravenloft I'll have to leave to someone else to answer.

Comment

Well I don't want to shill my own posts but if you wanna introduce people to D&D I suggest a system called "Knave" the idea is simplicity, they take out a lot of the complexity of normal TTRPG's while keeping the same general play style, https://img.fireden.net/tg/image/153...5415977929.pdf a link to the system if you wanna check it out.

Comment

Wow, that's actually pretty awesome. I really like the simplified encumbrance system which I never liked and basically didn't use because I didn't have a suitable replacement except "common sense". I will play this. Thank you.

Comment

There is no best one.

Comment

Lords of Waterdeep is pretty good & I've heard the miniatures boardgames aren't too bad either

Comment

Originally posted by aileron View Post
              There have been a number of D&D board games over the years, some of which are still easily available. Have you guys tried them? Which ones are good? I'm thinking about buying one to use it to introduce kids or adults to D&D.
              This one isn't D&D but it does come with pre-painted minis & is dirt cheap:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasbro-B260...s%2C257&sr=8-1

Comment

Working...
              X