Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you bought or gotten recently (TT)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing the racing game purchases I bought Formula D and one of the expansions.

Comment

Originally posted by QuinnsScoundrel View Post
      Continuing the racing game purchases I bought Formula D and one of the expansions.
      This?
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_D_(board_game)

Sounds pretty cool and although it's been around a long time I've never heard about it before. Do you think this is something I could try with my 5 year old? Wikipedia says there's a "mini" version as well which might be more suitable.

Comment

• QuinnsScoundrel
        QuinnsScoundrel commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup that’s it. From what I understand Formula D is a bit complicated. I think it has beginner rules but The one from my other post, Downforce, might be more suitable.

Monday we played another round of Clank! Legacy (no pics because spoilers) and Automobile (no picks because I was a forgetful idiot)

We also played Azul Summer Pavilion

And Wingspan with the new European Expansion which is just more cards, personal goals, round goals, eggs and food tokens

Sex is cool but have you tried board games?

Comment

Bought Thunderstone Quest. It’s a deck builder game that has premade quests and a way to play called epic quest where it uses all of the cards. This was an impulse buy so I didn’t get the two expansions yet or even the co op barricade mode.

Comment

• Blackman
          Blackman commented
          Editing a comment
          It's one of the only deckbuilders I haven't tried yet. Hard to find nowadays, or for full price stlil.

I found the Valley of Kings deluxe for a very good price lately and that game was quite a refreshing take on the genre.

Originally posted by Pentegarn View Post
        Monday we played another round of Clank! Legacy (no pics because spoilers) and Automobile (no picks because I was a forgetful idiot)

We also played Azul Summer Pavilion

And Wingspan with the new European Expansion which is just more cards, personal goals, round goals, eggs and food tokens

I've heard good things about Clank Inc., I wanna try that.

Azul has been my go-to family-friendly game that I can still enjoy for a while now, I wonder if Summer Pavilion is worth getting for more variety (for me). I assume it's the same game, just mixed up a bit with different configurations/scoring rules?

Comment

• Pentegarn
          Pentegarn commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually it is pretty different (as is Azul Stained Glass)

What they all share in common is the grab all of one color tiles part, but in SP there is always a wild tile (which changes every round) and you can in addition to all of 1 color take the wild tile. The tiles all go into a pool and then everyone takes turns placing on their board (this matters because surrounding certain spots on the board grant you additional tiles from the center board) There's some other rules like the center spot can't have the same color tile in it and so on.

Boxing Day sale at a local game store
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20191229_155009.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	77307

Comment

I forgot about Christmas!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200104_191752.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	77632 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200104_191944.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	77633 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200104_191837.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	77634 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200104_191921.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	77635

Comment

I too forgot to mention my Christmas gift. My parents gave me a copy of Gizmos. I also ended up buying the two quest driven expansions for Thunderstone Quest, Roll Player and it’s expansion, Arboretum and all of the promo packs for Too Many Bones. A month or so ago I bought two of the stand alone expansions for Combo Fighter. Finally the last game I’m buying for a while since I’m gonna be moving into a new place I helped Kickstart a sandbox survival game called Unsettled.

Comment

My super deluxe anniversary Suburbia arrived. I also got the 10th anniversary edition of my all time favorite board game, Castles of Burgundy
              Sex is cool but have you tried board games?

Comment

Working...
              X