Final Fantasy TCG thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy TCG thread

I had not been to my local game store for a few months, but I finally got a chance to go last week, while I was there I saw they began hosting weekly Final Fantasy TCG tournaments and since I've been looking into new TCGs to get into lately I thought I'd check it out, so I picked up a few starter decks. Being that I am a fan of Final Fantasy made it really easy to familiarize myself with the cards, so far I'm really enjoying it. It combines elements of different TCGs mainly Magic and Pokemon and creates some really interesting and fun board states.

If you are a fan of Final Fantasy you will really enjoy the different decks you can build themed around things like certain characters like Cloud, Kefka, Golbez, or you can make a tribal deck of all Final Fantasy VII characters which have synergy with each other being that they are from the same game; you can have battles such as a Final Fantasy VII deck vs Final Fantasy XIII deck etc... or how about a Chocobo deck? a Dragoon deck? Fast and Fusoya?

Being that the game is still pretty new (just over 2 years old) getting the cards you need affordably isn't as daunting as say the cost of MTG. Booster boxes are about the same price as MTG ($70-$100) but the secondary market is so much less expensive than MTG.

If anyone is interested learning it can you can learn in the linked video. ( The video does not talk about the new "monster" cards but the video is still a good place to start as there are not many tutorials on youtube)

Also, if you want to actually try it online, there are some unofficial ways to play it, you can try https://untap.in/ or http://octgn.net/ but what I prefer using is a customized board in "Tabletop Simulator" ($20 dollars on Steam) You can add the FFTCG tabletop loadout for free by joining this steam community https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=889160751

The game seems to be picking up a following and since my local game store is hosting weekly events with this game I'm going to try it out. If you're a FF fan and are looking for a new TCG I think you will enjoy this game.

Here are some screenshots from the Tabletop simulator version

Click image for larger version

Name:	FFtabletopsim03.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	37877

Name:	FFtabletopsim02.JPG
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	37876

Name:	FFtabletopsim01.JPG
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	37875

I was considering getting into this game; I am an avid Lightning fan and since people were looking at it at my FLGS I gave it some hefty thought. Ultimately, my concern was that it was going to end up a fad like so many other games that have come and gone in such a rapid pace that I never ended up getting any of it. Still giving it thought though, a set of everything Claire Farron would be nice for my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by IronCrane2003 View Post
      I was considering getting into this game; I am an avid Lightning fan and since people were looking at it at my FLGS I gave it some hefty thought. Ultimately, my concern was that it was going to end up a fad like so many other games that have come and gone in such a rapid pace that I never ended up getting any of it. Still giving it thought though, a set of everything Claire Farron would be nice for my collection.

Did you say Lightning??? Yeah I hope it's not a fad, it doesn't seem like it at least, FF is a huge franchise so I hope this game thrives. But if not, it would still be nice to have a set of all these in foil prints.

Comment

None of those images appear to work, but I believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by IronCrane2003 View Post
          None of those images appear to work, but I believe you.
          bummer, maybe these work...

Comment

I didn't know Tabletop simulator was a thing. I've always wanted to try out a TCG game or something like Warhammer, but I couldn't justify putting money into something I might not follow through on. I may give this a go and just play online. Unfortunately where I live, no one really comes out just to play TCG anymore.

Comment

I really like this game, but my community died. One of my friends convinced a bunch of us to start playing, and then after that, he bought all the cards that were available, so no one else could buy any. My other friends couldn't buy more packs, because our store only had so little supply. Then that friend went and sold all the cards to someone else, and quit the game. He basically killed the entire game for our area.

Comment

Same scam, different artists.

Comment

Working...
                X