A question for serious TCG players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for serious TCG players

How much have you spent buying cards/decks to be at the top of the game/relevant to the meta?

Too much. Better drop that hobby now.
    Celebrating over 1000 contributions of the highest quality! ♪

Comment

Depends on the format. I would say I don't spend much anymore. A box or two per set and trade cards rotating out for newer cards. Maybe $20 a month on random singles and brews. The older formats are where it really takes an obscene amount of money if you didn't get in early.

Comment

I have spent way too much money on MTG. Legit, War of the Spark has taken so much of my money. I've bought so much of the Japanese packs for those weeb art cards.
        the only format I play is EDH, and I don't usually play for meta,I like making theme decks for fun. But I have spent way too much money on it because I have so many decks.

Comment

Spent a lot, because an ardent fan of cards

Comment

I play a lot of yu gi oh and the last time i paid a decent amount of money towards a deck was one of the last structure decks which had salamangreats in it because it has ash blossoms in it which i needed for my phantom knight deck { which im not sure if its in the meta atm)

Comment

My last competitive deck for yugioh was about 400-450 to complete and it wasn't even mainline comp. it was a really very reactive based Counter fairy (still hoping for the link so i can use it again) but it also had a artifact engine and back then that was a bit pricey. still gonna be reviving it in about 3 months when the link is out. then building a D/D/D deck with its link (another 200ish if my math is right) but yeah i can give a tip if anyone one wants to buy booster boxes and then resell singles. (check the card rarity chances. then buy accordingly the pack my say 1 sr each is garenteed) but check the rates from the cardgame wiki. thats how i got about 20 droll n lock birds to resell last year due to the Pack may being old but hey it was easy when you found them at 2 bucks each. thanks random TCG player listing

Comment

From what I've seen, top of the meta in Pokemon is currently Reshiram + Charizard decks and Pikachu + Zekrom decks. If you're not running those or Zoroark GX you aren't going to win. The typical Zoroark deck runs about $70 - $80, more if you get all of the Full Art Ultra Balls and the shnazzy stuff, though I don't know why you would. The PIkachu + Zekrom deck runs upwards of $130 or $140, mostly depending on how many you're running (2 or 3) as well as how many Zapdos you have to tech in (2 or 3 once again). The Reshiram + Charizard deck is for sure the most expensive right now, because of course it is (Charizard) and runs you at least $220.

Overall, not bad at all compared to other card games like Yugioh or Magic, but still not cheap for someone like me who's on a college budget. I'm running an Expanded Deck starring Dragonite (Anything goes, not just current rotation) because Dragonite is cool and I had most of the cards for the deck already. I had to order a few extras which ran me about $15 or $20, I forget. Now THAT'S a college budget deck!

Comment

a budget deck in Yugioh of one of the best meta decks out there RN (salamangreat) is able to be made with 3 structure decks and about 5 packs from a store. but that will still run about 50 bucks. however a deck that may use cards like one of the other top meta decks Orcust can cost you upto ~40 bucks or more per card and its often a 60 card deck with mutliple 20-40$ cards running Multiple copies of said cards

Comment

Working...
                  X