Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pokémon cards in retail chains resealed!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokémon cards in retail chains resealed!!

I thought it was just online on places like amazon that this happened but I recently went to my local target and picked up a bunch of packs. Out of everything there were two that were OBVIOUSLY unsealed. If these things are getting into target so blatantly resealed I don’t know how many I could have bought that weren’t. Thing is you can’t take them back, all sales are final, I want to know how it came to this. After spending so much on these I’m furious. Oh and the elite trainer boxes are way worse. It’s easy to reseal and put on the shelf there are videos on it floating around YouTube. I know sketchy online dealers are a thing but “unopened” boosters in retail? Seriously?
    All together, receipts and everything

I joined just to get the word out

Comment

I figured as much. Maxmoefoe pretty much proved that the packs in those WalMart power boxes are at the very least weighed. Being resealed wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Comment

Weighed and THEN resealed, I'd guess...
        The yeeting of cats strictly prohibited in this area.

Comment

They don't care because they know it's mostly little kids and preteens buying them or parents/grandparents buying for their kids, most people are actually clueless about whether something has been opened and resealed or not.

I'm not sure about "all sales are final" though...is that even legal? Here in the UK you're allowed to take it back for a refund, no matter what.. unless it's underwear I guess. Don't you have some consumer protection law or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            They don't care because they know it's mostly little kids and preteens buying them or parents/grandparents buying for their kids, most people are actually clueless about whether something has been opened and resealed or not.

I'm not sure about "all sales are final" though...is that even legal? Here in the UK you're allowed to take it back for a refund, no matter what.. unless it's underwear I guess. Don't you have some consumer protection law or something?
            I think it more down to store policy. I don't know where he lives, but in the US as long as the seller is upfront about it, I don't think they are required to give a refund. However I know Walmart has a pretty good refund policy and doesn't seem to ask questions. In their mind, if they give good and easy refunds to consumers, the consumer is more likely to come back with their business again.
            Violence doesn't solve anything, my block list does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myWaa6xvPZ4

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

retail stores usually have to have the refund and return policy posted. It's on the receipt in most cases. Online they usually have it on the site some where. We have consumer protection here in the US but I don't think it's anything on the level that Europeans have.

Dealing with sites like Amazon and Ebay are another issue. Buying from Amazon might be the best choice cause you can basically get jerked around by the individual sellers. I learned this the hard way with Amazon and a $400 graphics card. It was new in the box and was defective. The seller wouldn't give me a refund, they told me to send it back to MSI and claimed to have a 7 day return period. Which was not posted on the item page. Amazon was no help either. Their customer support is nothing but call center Indians and they are basically clueless. So I basically don't buy anything from Amazon at all, I hardly did before but I won't be shopping on Amazon at all now. No matter how cheaper their prices are.

I actually don't care for online shopping much myself.

Comment

Since you can't get a refund I would have went for an exchange. Go to their customer service desk and explain what the issue is and ask to exchange them for another box of cards.

Most stores give you 30 days to ask for a refund or to exchange an item, or at least they used to. I have found that since the economy tanked in 07-08 a lot of places now give you 15 days or something like that. So watch out for that.

I am surprised that people still buy Pokémon cards and places still sell them. I haven't seen Pokémon cards since the mid 2000's. I figured with the games most kids would have lost interest in them and the market for them would have dried up.

Comment

Working...
                X