Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you bought or gotten recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up Witcher 3 with all expansions cheap this weekend on PS4. Great game

Comment

• Originally posted by danskmacabre View Post
      Picked up Witcher 3 with all expansions cheap this weekend on PS4. Great game
      Witcher 3 is definitely my favorite current-gen game, and in my top 5 all time. CDProjekt is the best studio making games today in my opinion. They tick all the boxes - they don't release games until they're done, they make deep games that don't pander to pay to win trends, they're not afraid to include potentially controversial content. I feel about them the way I used to feel about Bioware (before the Drs retired and EA ruined the studio).

Comment

• I haven't bought any games lately - my backlog on PC is intense and real. Despite the backlog of around 70 games on my PC, I mainly play Destiny 2 on PS4. I did buy an Astro C40 TR and a pair of A50's recently. I love the C40, it's a great controller. I always hated Playstation controllers, they're too small for my hands and I like the offset thumbsticks that other controllers have. I also was excited to get a high end controller that I could use on PC and PS4. I just got the A50's today. I was using a Rig 500 for years but the mic crapped out the other day. The A50s are still charging but I can't wait to try them out. I tried 3 other headsets before I bit the bullet and bought them but nothing was sarisfactory. I tried a wireless pair of HyperX Cloud Flight but I didn't like the feel of them. Sony Gold wasn't loud enough or good enough sound quality and Sony Platinum had awful battery life and weren't big enough for my giant head.

Comment

• Recently I finally went and got a copy of Pokemon Platinum to add a 4th gen Pokemon game back into my collection. Besides that though I buy a lot of Limited Run stuff, but that stuff is still like months off.

Comment

• I just swapped Surviving Mars on PS4 for Xcom 2 on PS4.

I LIKE Surviving Mars, but I found I couldn't apply the DLC to the DISC version of the game (which IS actually installed on the HDD), which was strange, so I ended up buying it online and installing it on the HDD from the PS online Store.
            So then I ended up with a redundant copy of the game on a disc.
            EbGames were cool with it tho, as it was within the 14 day return policy period. So I got Xcom 2 instead, which I was going to get anyway at some stage.

It turns out what might have happened is the Surviving Mars copy I bought at EbGames was a USA copy, which might have had some region locking issues with the DLC I bought from the PS Store.
            So there ARE limitations with the PS4 in that way that I haven't encountered on PC. It may well be a thing, but I've never had that issue on PC. DLC is DLC and it just works with Steam.

So whilst I really like the convenience of the PS4 and consoles in general, you really need to be aware of the limitations and physical media in general.
            Last edited by danskmacabre; 04-10-2019, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• I purchased Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Japanese ver.) but I also plan to get the English ver. of course!

Comment

• Coming hot after playing Sekiro, I got Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney Trilogy and Zanki Zero: Last Beginning today.
                "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I just bought Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney trilogy on steam today, last Sunday I bought FF X-X-2 HD remastered too

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00172.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	45343

Forgot I ordered this.
                    Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

• JackofTears
                      JackofTears commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I couldn't get into it, I don't know why. The art is beautiful, the characters seem like they could be interesting, but I've only ever managed to get about 3 hours in before losing interest.

• Star Magician
                      Star Magician commented
                      Editing a comment
                      JackofTears It definitely requires some time investment, as the first part of the game with 2B is probably the least interesting part of the story IMO. I don't know if you've played the first Nier or not, but maybe you would enjoy it more, as the supporting characters are a lot more... animated, you could say :P

• Click image for larger version  Name:	D33nNmgW4AEgQRB.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.7 KB ID:	45450
                    Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

• Risk of Rain 2 and Wargroove, both really exceptional games
                      Great, the gang's all here. Now we can die together!

Comment

• "ECHO" was finally on sale for 75% off, so I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. Set in a time, thousands of years into our future, the hints we get at the larger universe are intriguing. The game is visually striking, the atmosphere is haunting and it captures that feel of 'exploring an alien world' very well. The early game reminds me a lot of the novel "House of Leaves" in its delivery. The gameplay is a stealth based and while your character has a powerful gun at her disposal, the mechanics discourage you from using it in creative ways. The levels are stealth puzzles, basically, and it can be frustratingly difficult at times, because of the way ECHOS work, but you always know that when you fail, it's because you fucked up.

Comment

• Have got hello neighbor at apknite.com. How can I say. I'm officially a fan of that game now

Comment

• The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - Decisive Edition (PS4)

https://marvelousgames.com/collectio...ve-edition-ps4
                            Forum about Collector Editions, Limited Editions, Game Collectibles, Statues, OST's

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.

Comment

• Don't know much about this game but it was on sale on Play-Asia for like 9 bucks and is by tri-ace so I snagged it.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	D39VqEvXsAA_3-z.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	45662
                              Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

• Star Magician
                                Star Magician commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Interested to know what you think of it.
                            Working...
                            X