Ace Combat 7 - is not review bombed, it's valid criticism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace Combat 7 - is not review bombed, it's valid criticism

I cannot believe that they'd put out a game on PC where you can't remap controls at al!

I also cannot believe that they'd put out a flying game that can't be played with a joystick. What the hell were they thinking?

Oh, the game also lacks Ultrawide support. But that's a quibble compared to the lack of controls customization.

This is absolutely unacceptable, and they deserve every negative review they get.

The shills say the game is being review bombed but it's not. The negative reviews are completely warranted, because they're the result of the game not living up to PC standards!

Re-mapping of controls is such a default standard on PC, that I take it fir granted the same as the air I breathe. Not in my wildest dreams would I have expected anyone to release an action game without it.
    Some games allow you to re-map buttons even on the console these days.
    Click here for all my game reviews. or Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991

Hell most console games allow you to customize controls on some level.
    No flight stick support? Are they barking mad?

This makes me glad I decided not to touch it after the time I had with the shit-level AI they had in the last game.

Comment

Meh, I enjoyed it on PS4. I was too impatient to wait for the PC release, but it sounds like I made the right choice.

Comment

Standard Japanese dev bullshit. They seem to be stuck in the early to mid 2000s with their insufferable tropes.
        "You can take the politics out of the forums, but you can't take the snowflakes out of the internet "

Comment

I'm glad I bought RE 2 on steam over AC7. Bandai seems to be inconsistent with PC ports since Ni No Kuni 2 was a great PC port
          I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/half_dead_pixel/

Comment

I completed it on PS4 Pro the other day. I quite liked it. Good variation in terms of missions and I really liked the graphics. Music was alright and sometimes really good. I even played a bit of multiplayer to see what it was like. My biggest gripe was the number of tries it took to join a lobby. Also, I'm awful at flight games.

Glad I didn't get it on PC, I guess.

Comment

I'm having a blast with it on PC and couldn't care less about flight stick or ultrawide support. My controller works just fine and don't feel the need to remap the buttons. What would you even change if you could anyway? The setup seems convenient enough as is.

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
                I'm having a blast with it on PC and couldn't care less about flight stick or ultrawide support. My controller works just fine and don't feel the need to remap the buttons. What would you even change if you could anyway? The setup seems convenient enough as is.
                First off this is all kinds of wrong just on principle. Second playing with a controller sucks when you have a flight stick staring in your face off your desk.

I purchased the game with the intention of playing it with the stick. Had I known that it wouldn't support that I'd have steered clear.
                Now you can blame me for not looking whether the game supports flying by stick, but I didn't in my wildest dreams except that to be something I had to worry about with a flying game. For crying out loud the ability to use your game controller on PC was a standard for over 30 years.
                Last edited by MadMummy76; 02-07-2019, 06:56 AM.
                Click here for all my game reviews. or Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991

Comment

Seems a lot of Japanese games don't really mesh well with pc.

Comment

Working...
                  X