What Do You Play TODAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Play TODAY

The purpose of this thread is to have an ongoing discussion where people periodically check in with the games they are currently playing and any opinions and comments they have about their experience. Hopefully few years from now we can extrapolate a nice detailed timeline of what kept members attention the longest, why, etc

To start off, I'm playing Quake Champions today.
    Returned to it after several months hiatus, despite the criticism the game faces, I like it a lot and I find it very reminiscent of the times I spent with Quake 3 Arena back in the day.
    Coming in it after 2000 hours of CS:GO, I see zero problems with performance, networking, gunplay, or matchmaking. It's all between acceptable and great.
    The only criticism I currently have of it, is the most banal one - balance. They put a lot of effort and not nearly enough brain in balancing heroes. As a huge DOOM 16 fan, I was disappointed to find that the DOOM SLAYER is empirically weaker compared to a lot of other heroes.
    Regardless, I plan to keep playing it along with Path of Exile (coming from Diablo 3), but I have too much to share about that game, and none of it comes from a place of knowledge or experience, so I'd rather keep it to myself for now

So what are you guys up to? What do you play, how does it run, is it fun, how do you see it going forward, and can you recommend it to other forum members?

Alright.

I'm playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, The Alchemist Code & a new Star Trek game, Fleet Commander.

I've been playing FFBE since opening, although there was a point where I quit for 6 months, then started a new file when I returned. Its been almost a full year I've been playing now. I only buyin 10$ every 3 months. I'm at the current meta, so fairly decent as it comes to f2p vs. p2w.

TAC I started 2 months ago, I've caught up to current content & have become kinda bored. Its stingy on ingame currency. Playing FFBE from the start generates about $700 USD in currency, TAC has generated about $100. Its a year farther behind in progress than FFBE, but they will never catch up in free money. Their buy in packages kinda suck too. I bought in with the best deal they had, $1.

Star Trek I started 3 days ago, its only a month old & it seems to be a fine game... I'm not too happy with the summoning system, you need multiple pulls to even get the character in the first place.... but I have enough characters to man my ships... so I guess not an issue. yet. No buy in yet, but from what I see, I will never give them money, nothing they are selling seems worth it yet, but what do I know after 3 days?

So as you can see, I'm on a gatcha tangent. The thing with gatcha games... they are free & the RPGs are actually some of the best being released right now. Final Fantasy Brave eXVIus in particular has a great story & is so nostalgic for FF6, a game I played for 3 years non stop. Its sad to me. I bought FF15 & played it for 2 weeks. They sold me half a game & expected me to pay for the other half.... lol. Nope. At least with gatcha, I know I have to wait for more content..... & ITS FREE. If I want.

Comment

Ive been playing Final Fantasy 14 for about 7 months, but between patches i tend to play more single player games. I just started Trails of Cold Steel 2 (immediately after finishing the first one) And so far its alright, but i dont like it quite as much as the first one for spoilery reasons. Still worth 40 bucks for me though, i love muh JRPGs Also, if anyone else plays FFXIV on the Primal Datacenter / Brynhildr Server, shoot me a PM and maybe we can do some shit in game!

Comment

• drmrboyc
        drmrboyc commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah! I'm on Diabolos server

• Zagreus_Veritas
        Zagreus_Veritas commented
        Editing a comment
        I do, but I'm on Odin. Also still got the last expansion to get through... =p
        At least Gunbreaker seems fun to play and White mage is as sparkly as ever.

I'm currently jumping back and forth between a few games.

I'm currently playing Ni No Kuni 2, Stellaris (star trek mod is amazing AF) and dusted off Marvel Ultimate Alliance to play some 4 player couch co-op.

I find replaying old games is much more enjoyable to almost all the new stuff.

Comment

• Loadedpack
        Loadedpack commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell yeeeaaaa. I'm tired of new games coming out incomplete or being able to compare them unfavorably to older games. Classics Rule

• mangaka92
        mangaka92 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. I've been playing through a lot of older titles for previous generation consoles that I never got to play when the console first came out because there are too many gems from those days to be wasting time playing some of the trash that's available these days.

Today I have been chased by serial killers and ghosts in DEAD BY DAYLIGHT (PC) which is mai current addiction, and I've also swung around New York via SPIDER-MAN (PS4).Bought a PS4 in the Black Friday sale purely for Spidey (and Red Dead Redemption 2), and it's looking like a great decision.

Comment

Path of Exile has had me coming back league after league for nearly 6 years now. Constant updates to the game and a fantastic dev team.

If I'm not playing that I'm probably flying a fpv quadcopter in Liftoff or Velocidrone simulator. Also I could be racing in Trackmania 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Rage View Post
          I'm currently jumping back and forth between a few games.

I'm currently playing Ni No Kuni 2, Stellaris (star trek mod is amazing AF) and dusted off Marvel Ultimate Alliance to play some 4 player couch co-op.

I find replaying old games is much more enjoyable to almost all the new stuff.
          Can you share some experience with Stellaris Star Trek mod? I've been itching for a good ST game, but I don't have VR for Bridge Crew

Comment

• Rage
            Rage commented
            Editing a comment
            Stellaris: Star Trek New Horizons.
            This mod is absolutely beautiful and captures the feeling of the old game Birth of the federation. You can play as almost any of the species in the series and the main species (human, cardassian, romulan, klingon, Ferengi, Borg) are fleshed out nicely, come with their own UIs and ship models.
            Yes, you heard correctly, all the game assests have been remade, sounds, ship models, tech, bases, it even has tutorial help from Q!
            You will not be disappointed with this mod, I've spent hundreds of hours playing it.

• Errasix
            Errasix commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll second that, Stellaris with the ST mod is a lot of fun. Great universe strat game.

Also, Bridge Crew released regular controls so you don't have to have VR to play it meow. I was sketchy at first as well but I checked lastnight and almost pulled the trigger on it.

I'm playing Pillars of Eternity and Abzu currently. Pillars is my first game of that type and I'm loving it.

Comment

• Keltz
            Keltz commented
            Editing a comment
            If you love Pillars of Eternity, try Tyranny, Divinity Original Sin I and II, just to name a few.

• OverdriveActive
            OverdriveActive commented
            Editing a comment
            To add to Keltz' comment, don't forget about Torment: Tides of Numenara and the remastered version of Baldur's Gate I / II and Icewind Dale I / II. Masterpieces!

• Zagreus_Veritas
            Zagreus_Veritas commented
            Editing a comment
            A lot of people are going to say that Pillars 2 is not as good as the first game. My opinion: The AI is not allowed to cheat as much (Which is BAD because it makes it seem dumber) and they finally allowed you to multiclass, something that certain classes in the first game needed.
            So now you can finally play a Mind-hunter as you were meant to be. The storyline of the second game is SUPER spoileriffic for the first game though, so don't even look at it until you've beaten it at least once, the story being the best part of PoE1.

Currently Playing Call of Duty Black Ops - Blackout Mode. Enjoying a battle royal mode that doesn't require a thousand hours of minecraft experience to play well.

Comment

Originally posted by Evocati View Post
            I'm playing Pillars of Eternity and Abzu currently. Pillars is my first game of that type and I'm loving it.
            I was in a dilemma between PoE (Pillars of Eternity) and PoE (Path of Exile), and I LOVE Pillars'es art, but the price pushed me towards Path of Exile in the end. Does Pillars have a campaign? How long is it approximately?

Comment

• Free
              Free commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been playing Path of Exile fairly regularly (only missed a few leagues between '15-'17) since the middle of 2012. I have nothing but praises to sing for the game and the dev team. If you or anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Never played Pillars of Eternity though.

• ifnir
              ifnir commented
              Editing a comment
              Pillars does have a campaign, but personally opinion, I feel the game is overbalanced compared to its spiritual predecessor.

I play Dota 2 every day as usual, but have also been playing a lot of Breath of the Wild. I've gotten so lost in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnin426850 View Post

I was in a dilemma between PoE (Pillars of Eternity) and PoE (Path of Exile), and I LOVE Pillars'es art, but the price pushed me towards Path of Exile in the end. Does Pillars have a campaign? How long is it approximately?
              It does have a campaign. The lore and story is wonderful so far (written by Obsidian) with a lot of morally grey/mature storytelling. I'm still fairly early on (50ish hours) so I don't know how long it actually is. My guess would be you could rush main story in under 40, but with sidequests and the white march expansions you're probably looking at 200 hours or more if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Greshapa View Post
                Also, if anyone else plays FFXIV on the Primal Datacenter / Brynhildr Server, shoot me a PM and maybe we can do some shit in game!
                I played XIV nonstop for a long time, but lately, I've just been super bored after clearing story stuff. Eureka doesn't help, nor does the fact that they oversimplified the jobs I liked to play. I let my sub run out and won't renew it until 4.5, so I can try out BLU and the new story. I am on Diabolos though, which will still be with Brynhildr even after the datacenter change.

For now, I've switched to FF XI and play Record Keeper on the side. When I get tired of both of those, I've been playing through Dragon Quest XI, albeit slowly.

Comment

• drmrboyc
                  drmrboyc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What server on FFXIV?

• Tapkoh
                  Tapkoh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Diabolos, like I said in my post :P

I played Hearts of Iron IV and CrossCode. Both games that I can always play when I have nothing to do or want to watch a stream in the background

Comment

I'm playing New Vegas again.

Comment

• Murray
                    Murray commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm feeling an urge to play as well, lol

• Chompy Said
                    Chompy Said commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not even using the rebuild glitch for double perks, just playing on very hard, hardcore with no cheating. Still hoarding like crazy though. Thanks to stacking movement speed perks, and fast travel while overencumbered.
                Working...
                X