Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll Seventy-Three: What Resolution do you game at?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll Seventy-Three: What Resolution do you game at?

Last Daily Poll was on emulators. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...used-emulators

Yesterday I got my curved 144hz monitor which was the last peripheral I needed for my new PC build that I keep yapping about. It's a 1080P monitor so I'm still at 1080P on PC and my 4K TV is only hooked up to consoles that output a max of 1080P, so I only game at 1080P and have no real need to upgrade that. When I get my new rig built I'll probably super sample older games. What about you guys are you 4K, Full HD or stuck using a 4:3 monitor?

Check out the latest episode of Poll Review: https://youtu.be/aYGan_Bg4X4
    I game below 720P
    5.00%
    I game at 720P
    10.00%
    I game at 1080P
    52.50%
    I game at 1440P
    20.00%
    I game at 2160P
    10.00%
    I game above 2160P
    2.50%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

4k if the game supports it.

Comment

720p. Yeah, if I have a TV that is reliable, I stick with it. My old Samsung 32" LCD did very well for me, but it's no longer working. I do plan on upgrading to a 4k within a few months.

Comment

* Other

3840x1600
        Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
        Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

I have a huge 720 TV that I game on, and a 1080 monitor that doesn't get any love because of it. Until I have the need for higher resolution gaming, I'll be using these for a while.

Comment

Crap, I voted wrong. I play games a 1440p because of the higher framerate. After I upgrade my PC next year, I'm planning to jump straight to 8k.
            "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I guess I mostly game on my 720p TV since I spend a lot of time playing RPG's that are only on PlayStation and the TV I mainly use I bought before 1080p was even standard, and it works just as well as it always has. When I do game on PC, my screen is 4K capable, but my computer needs more ram and a better graphics card because I can only ever play at medium settings, but it's 1080p quality even if I get more out of it just because my screen can show 4k visually.

Comment

I play PC games on a 1080P display.
                "We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

I play at 1080p 144Hz and it's annoying that NVidia cards for some stupid reason have their hardware set up so that HDMi is a higher priority outlet than DVI, which is ridiculous because DVI supports 144Hz 1080p and HDMi doesn't. So as far as Windows is concerned, my main high framerate display will always be the secondary display and my other low framerate display will always be the primary one. When I want to turn off my other monitor, I have to choose "projector only". Worse yet, some games or fullscreen programs with bad multi monitor optimization will jump from my main screen to the other upon alt-tabbing.

Comment

• EvilChef
                    EvilChef commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep, that HDMI preference is really annoying. For me it's maybe not as bad, but i have an HDMI cable hooked up to my TV for when i want to watch movies and such and i constantly have to unplug it afterwards as it becomes the primary display.

Depends on the game, depends on the platform, depends on whether I'm streaming or not... 'cos: I can't be arsed to mod games that don't support hi res; my laptop can't really support anything above 1080p when PC gaming (have a PS4 otherwise, so that's at whatever res it feels like I suppose...); and I stream at lower res 'cos *meh* broadband.

Comment

I don't have anything higher res than 1080p but really don't care about it and will reduce it if required to maintain gameplay

Comment

1440p on my main gaming PC, 1080p on Ps4.
                      "it was the daedric prince of douchebaggery in disguise"

Comment

I had a 2160p TV for a while but ditched it for a 1440p 144hz monitor. 4K windows scaling is awful, and in my opinion frame rate is more important than resolution.

Comment

Put 2160p as my vote since it's what my monitor can support, but I haven't played anything except Skyrim and Age of Empires HD at that resolution since most of my PC games are too old or I just play them in ~1080p windowed mode, and most of my library is still physical console games. I'd like to play more games at that resolution in the future when I get a chance though.
                          Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

Normally at 1080p but some doujin games don't have such a high resolution, also while my PC is good it can sometimes struggle with the newest games in 1080p so depending how annoying it is I go down to 720p if necessary.
                            Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Working...
                            X