Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll Eighty-Two: Do you think the Nintendo Switch Game Voucher is a good deal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll Eighty-Two: Do you think the Nintendo Switch Game Voucher is a good deal?

I don't own the Switch
    40.63%
    I think the Voucher is a good idea
    25.00%
    I think the Voucher is a bad idea
    9.38%
    My thoughts on the Voucher are neutral
    15.63%
    I do own the Switch and don't care about the voucher
    9.38%
    Last Daily Poll was on Sim games. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...play-sim-games

Yesterday Nintendo had a direct on Super Mario Maker 2. It looks really good with a lot of new features for making levels and it even has a story mode.

The full direct is here if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPi-u0D8sQ4

This poll isn't about your direct impressions it's about a pretty interesting announcement Nintendo made during it. For Switch online members they can buy a pack of two vouchers for 99.99 USD until July 31 of this year. The vouchers can be redeemed on a limited list of games link here: https://www.nintendo.com/games/vouch...1-AEAC0CBD309C

It's an interesting idea and if you use it to buy two 60 dollar games you'll save around 20 bucks. This is obviously a move to get more people buying digital and to convince more people to buy into Nintendo's very barebones online system. Do you guys think this is a good deal or a bad business practice.

Check out the latest episode of Poll Review: https://youtu.be/YIH_ApFd4js

• ToddWatches
    replied
    terrible idea I think. I don't really see the value unless you must buy digitally and this is their only option for sales/discounts. I prefer physical and wait for some sales/price drops

Leave a comment:

• ezavacki513
    replied
    I mean i get what their going for you can get two games for 50$ each if you get nintendo online but that 120$ for 2 games and a year of online amazon discounted most PHYSICAL games to 50$ anyway

Leave a comment:

• Cuzin_Ed
    replied
    I guess it's ok. I mean you can buy 2 games and save $20. Then again it's only $20. I haven't bought any Switch games in months. I haven't played my Switch in months either. I have mostly been playing RDR2 and PC games. I will eventually go back to it. Just not right now.

Leave a comment:

• Animusisters
    replied
    A voucher is just that.

Leave a comment:

• Musou Tensei
    replied
    Eh, it's good I guess for people who majorily buy full price games digitally but every game that applies and I care about I definitely want (or have already) on cart, which probably costs me less as the e-shop prices are kinda overpriced.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas_JCG
    replied
    It's very much a discount voucher, like I get from Steam from time to time when they try to convince me to buy something. It's a good way to save a few quid, but nothing more.

Leave a comment:

• Zoltor
    replied
    Considering that digital copies of games should never cost as much as physical copies to beginwith, no. However if their reason for charging retail prices for digital copies Isn't complete BS(which every platform owner is using the same excuse, so there's probally a ounce of truth to it. However platform owners need to grow a damn back bone, as without games on the shelves, there is less reason to go into a store anyway, so either way storefronts will be forced to accept it), this is a sneaky way to offer games at a discount without ruffling retail store owner's feathers.

Although even with the vouchers, the games will still be over priced. Anything digital shouldn't be costing more then 20 bucks as is, and very few games would be worth paying more then that.

Leave a comment:

• Hyperweasle
    replied
    Yeah, no. When Steam and other digital distributors are consistently selling games on sale. If you wait after release on other digital platforms, you could buy two maybe three games for less than what Nintendo is asking, however Nintendo games take forever to come down in price. They know this, so to the Nintendo consumer this sounds like excellent deal, but if Nintendo can afford you paying only 20 dollars a year and then getting two games for 50 dollars each, then why not sell the games new for 50 dollars instead of 60 to the people who have online. This is just a way to increase digital preorders and more upfront money, and has little to do with Nintendo giving the consumers a great deal.
    Last edited by Hyperweasle; 05-16-2019, 10:06 AM. Reason: Changed around the Nintendo Voucher pricing.

Leave a comment:

• Balta666
    replied
    It is a good idea both for consumer and publisher itself as it gives you more value for your money. In addition to the fact you receive more coins when buying digitally this gets the price of the digital purchase in line with the physical apart from the obvious trade possibility.

I should not buy into it as I still prefer to buy physical but I see many people taking advantage of this particular deal

Leave a comment:

• Lehran
    replied
    It's really good for someone who can make use of it. I only buy physical for my switch, so it's kinda out the window for me. It would be nice if you could buy physical copies through Nintendo directly via their site or store and redeem it like that.

Leave a comment:

• Star Magician
    replied
    Since it's for digital only games, no.

Leave a comment:

• Retro84
    replied
    I think it's a good idea. It's a shame that I can't make use of this due to not having a real connection to the internet, but I can see some people saving some money with this.

It was also smart to announce this with Super Mario Maker 2. Why? Somewhere in my head, there's a thought that it would be useful to have that game digitally since it is the sort of game you can keep coming back to in either short bursts or long sessions. I don't really know how to put it, but a game like Animal Crossing has the same digital copy vibe to it...

Leave a comment:

• RepentantSky
    replied
    I'd say is depends honestly. It's a great idea in practice, but since it can't be used to purchase future games just on a pre-purchase basis, it's a little lacking, and a lot of the games on there, are ones every Switch owner already has, or will be getting promptly, regardless of the voucher. I mean the Switch has Daemon X Machina, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening Remake, Fire Emblem Three Houses (which does release in that window but is not included on that list of games), a lot of Resident Evil games which a lot of people think are overpriced anyways, and more beyond that the voucher doesn't apply to, but if it did, it would make people a lot happier with it.
    Last edited by RepentantSky; 05-16-2019, 03:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X