Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite fighting game (modern) and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite fighting game (modern) and why?

Mine is Tekken 7, because Tekken is my favorite fighting game series and its AWESOME!

If Super Smash Bros. Ultimate counts, that! I really enjoy watching it at a competitive level and playing it as well (Samus / Jigglypuff main).

If that doesn't count, I really enjoy watching Street Fighter V at Evo every year, though I know some people don't like V.

Comment

• xXDibbs
      xXDibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      Smash bros for me as well

I'm a Smash Bros. fan too, but I also play a lot of traditional 2d fighters. Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2 and Under Night in Birth are my current favorite fighting games. The free-flowing movement of Guilty Gear and dramatic animations are too appealing to me, and the grounded, momentum heavy gameplay of Under Night makes every fight feel like an uphill battle. I'm looking forward to trying the new Samurai Showdown as well.

I wish I was good at Tekken.
    Last edited by CronoSaga; 05-22-2019, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• Mattpecc
      Mattpecc commented
      Editing a comment
      I keep watching Under Night but I haven’t played it I’m on the fence I like the look of the game though. And gameplay looks smooth and balanced as far as I can tell.

• PotPi
      PotPi commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I typically don't pick up any fighting games even if they look good just because I'm garbage at them and I don't wanna be shown up. Granted, the only way I'll ever get better is by getting my butt beaten for a long time. I guess I'm just not willing to take the plunge on something that can't be a party game as well, like Smash Bros.

• CronoSaga
      CronoSaga commented
      Editing a comment
      Under Night is super fun to me, but I'm not gonna lie you can feel helpless at times. It's probably the most momentum heavy fighting game I've played since it even has a mechanic built around momentum. Some characters are very oppressive to fight if you are a new player, but if you are willing to learn Under Night, you probably won't find another fighting game exactly like it.

Super smash Ultimate! And yes you said current and to me Melee is current 😂.(Sheik main) But in all seriousness of course it’s Tekken 7 and Street Fighter V.

Comment

• PotPi
      PotPi commented
      Editing a comment
      Melee is awesome too! I'm sure you watched GoML this past weekend then, right? What did you think of Axe's insane Loser's Run? He's my favorite player besides maybe Amsa!

I really like Dragon Ball fighterz because of how it plays and the characters the have in it, it makes me remember the times when I would play mvc3 and how I got into fighting games

Comment

• Moandain
      Moandain commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I think it is the best modern Fighter out there, but I still have to show some love for the Guilty gear series.

I like Smash Bros. and Soul Calibur. Don't really play any others besides those.
    Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

What counts as "modern"? Newest fighting game I liked was probably Super Street Fighter IV AE Version 2012, despite being rather casual already. Alternatively, I really like Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. 2 (well, the series in general), although it's a non-traditional fighting game, following Virtual-On's footsteps. Not interested in any "current" ones as they are either casual, boring or straight up ugly (looking at you, bought-out SNK who ditched their sprites).
      Regarding games that I watch...the aforementioned Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. 2, King of Fighters 98, Super Smash Bros. Melee and Virtua Fighter 5 pretty regularly. Melty Blood, 3rd Strike, Garou: Mark of the Wolves and others when there are tournaments.

Comment

Not new, but also not old (I don't like any of the newest games).
        I like Them's Fightin' Herds :V
        ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
        Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

Tekken 4. Only because I no-lifed until I was really good with Lei Wulong.
          https://www.twitch.tv/coffeeandkeyboard

"Stay Caffeinated, Stay Overclocked"

Comment

The one I like because it has the things I like.
            Celebrating over 1000 contributions of the highest quality! ♪

Comment

I'm judging everyone who isnt putting smash right now

Comment

Working...
              X