Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll One Hundred-Eight: Is Final Fantasy VII remake still episodic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll One Hundred-Eight: Is Final Fantasy VII remake still episodic?

Last Daily Poll was on Cyberpunk's release date. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...ll-get-a-delay

I've been watching a good amount of the E3 livestreams. I watched Ubisoft's, Bethesda's and Square's conference and Square was the best so far. Square leaned heavily on Final Fantasy for their show which is fine but since I'm not that big of a Final Fantasy fan I tuned out from out a bit. FFVII remake still looks impressive and we know it's coming out March 3, 2020 supposedly. One of the people working on the project said the game will have enough content to fit on two blu-ray discs. That statement would lead most to believe that the game is still episodic but it was never formally announced to be episodic and the release splash screen just said available worldwide. What do you guys think? For me it could go either way. By episodic I mean at least two releases with different release dates.

Check out the latest episode of Poll Review: https://youtu.be/Vf4UQa4efDE

Check out the Daily Poll Archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    I think FFVII will be episodic
    47.83%
    I think FFVII won't be episodic
    4.35%
    There isn't enough information for me to decide
    17.39%
    I don't care about FFVII
    30.43%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

I think they are using the term episodic when they really mean something more along the lines of expansion. I'd imagine the overworld is going to be a sadistic effort, based on the detail they're showing for Midgar alone. However, that's assuming there is an overworld. As much as I think doing the entire overworld would be a pain in the ass to make, they did make FFXV, which makes me think they have enough ability for that.

You take out the overworld, and perhaps episodic becomes the right term for this. I don't know, guess we'll see next year.
    "Video Games are hard" - Video Game Journalism being casual AF

Comment

• Dub-Z
      Dub-Z commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, that's the part where I'm not sure if they'll migrate the characters to towns and major locations through travel, or really pick up episode 2 with a huge open world and horizon full of green + free roaming monsters for the first continent.

That seems unfeasible, but we'll see. Today's showing kind of gave me a "this is better than whatever I thought I wanted" impression, so I'll leave it to their discretion.

I guess we're getting an ambitious, lengthy Midgar segment by itself first. A ton of scenarios and big sequences happen in that portion of the game and that first reactor boss fight shown today seemed way meatier than the original. So if it has that pace and scale, it should be quite a hefty first episode. Wouldnt be surprised if it's a solid 20 ish hours, and ends as you step out into the plains.

I don't know how that's going to go down with angry audiences, but I'm down with it. If I get this monumental realization over the course of 2 or 3 years, it'll be better than trying to cram session the whole thing and end up with another FFXV.
    Last edited by Dub-Z; 06-11-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

It will be released the way it will be released.
      Celebrating over 1000 contributions of the highest quality! ♪

Comment

I'm just going to wait. It's going to be a PS4 exclusive so there's bound to be disappointment in some areas.
        Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

They clearly said the release in march will only have the Midgar section therefore it has to be episodic

Comment

I think it would be a grave mistake to make the game episodic.

Comment

Don't Care about FF VII but a remake of FF VI for current gen consoles and PC would get me pumped up.
              "We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

They recently said that even they don't know exactly how many parts it will be divided into. I'm going with 3 parts, since that's the number of discs the original game was divided into. Though given how they're expanding some parts of the story, it might be 4 parts.

Part 1 has been confirmed to take up 2 discs by itself. I'm thinking they're doing the same thing RDR2 did, where the 2nd disc in the case is just install data and the first disc is the one used to play the game.
                There's no way to delete my account, so I'll just put this here:

I'm done with this site, and will no longer be a member here. Goodbye.

Comment

I'm guessing that the remaining episodes will be on the PS5? Or could the PS4 still be relevant into the PS5's life (like how the PS2 was) and the game episodes be given some sort of buff if played on the PS5? That's what I'm wondering about the most when it comes to this game.

Comment

• Majestic Boer Goat
                    Majestic Boer Goat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Making parts of the remake PS5-exclusive would be a really scummy move on S-E's part. I refuse to buy a PS5 to play the other parts of the remake, and I'll refuse to buy any future S-E games if any part of the remake is PS5-exclusive.

• Sol
                    Sol commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd assume the episodic episodes would mostly just be expansions, If so they'd probably just release it on PS4 and maybe a PS5 version as well since the PS5 is suppose to be backwards compatible.

Originally posted by Hopeless Wombat View Post
                  I think they are using the term episodic when they really mean something more along the lines of expansion. I'd imagine the overworld is going to be a sadistic effort, based on the detail they're showing for Midgar alone. However, that's assuming there is an overworld. As much as I think doing the entire overworld would be a pain in the ass to make, they did make FFXV, which makes me think they have enough ability for that.

You take out the overworld, and perhaps episodic becomes the right term for this. I don't know, guess we'll see next year.
                  I don't want to play FF7 without traipsing about the world map.
                  Sigs are for figs.

Comment

• Jokerthefoolio
                    Jokerthefoolio commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I just want the whole game to come out at the same time dood!

Unless they simply stop after the 1st part, yes, the 1st part ends with the departure from Midgar.
                  Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Working...
                  X