Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll One Hundred-Nine: When do you think BOTW 2 will come out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll One Hundred-Nine: When do you think BOTW 2 will come out?

Last Daily Poll was on FFVII remake being episodic. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...still-episodic

Nintendo's E3 direct was yesterday and I thought it was a really stellar event. The last thing Nintendo announced was a sequel to Breath of the Wild.
    The trailer was only about 90 seconds long which you can check out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fr1Z07AV00 so there really isn't enough information to ask about anything specific about the game. The few things we do know seem really compelling but not to derail the topic is about when the game will release. I'm only going to list years as options but feel free to guess specific months or dates if you're overflowing with confidence. I'm going to go with 2021 since BOTW took six years to make I'm guessing the sequel will take half as long so 2021 since they probably started full development around early 2018 once all the DLC was out.

Also sorry for no Daily Poll on 'Tuesday' was feeling a bit sick it'll be out later today.

Check out the latest episode of Poll Review: https://youtu.be/Vf4UQa4efDE

Check out the Daily Poll Archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    BOTW 2 will release in 2020
    6.90%
    BOTW 2 will release in 2021
    41.38%
    BOTW 2 will release in 2022
    10.34%
    BOTW 2 will release in 2023 or beyond
    6.90%
    There isn't enough information for me to decide
    6.90%
    I don't care about BOTW 2
    27.59%
    Last edited by Jokerthefoolio; 06-12-2019, 04:11 AM. Reason: Fixed title and what yesterday's daily poll actually was
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

People are saying that it's just a recycle of BotW stuff, like Majora's Mask was for OoT, so it will probably be out next week.

Comment

I'm gonna make a guess at early 2021. I'm not sure how long Nintendo had been working on this, but despite following the example of Majora's Mask, they will probably want to polish this new game up even more. We'll see!

Comment

2021 sound about right to me as it has not to be built from scratch. I heard people saying 2020 but that sound like wishful thinking

Comment

It's gotta be 2021. They obviously used many of the same assets from the first BoTW, but they might be able to make it look better, and if the story is more involved or a lot of new enemies need to added in it could take them a while. Also I think if they had planned to release the game next year, they probably would have said holiday 2020 or something to that effect.

Comment

It's done when it's done.
            Celebrating over 1000 contributions of the highest quality! ♪

Comment

My prediction is that it'll be the big holiday title for 2021. 2020 seems too early for it to have just now been announced, especially when it's "Now in development" and doesn't even have a tentative release quarter. Nintendo doesn't seem to announce release years or quarters unless they're in the current or following year. 2022 and 2023 seem a bit far away as well, that'd put the development for this one almost as long as development for the original BoTW which seems absurd to me.

Comment

Depends. We are all assuming the game will reuse the same engine, but what if they just used it to make the trailer? Until we see more of it, it's impossible to guess.
                "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'd say 2022, that would give them a solid 3 years to develop and polish it. I get worried when a dev team gets less than 3 years to make a game.
                  There's no way to delete my account, so I'll just put this here:

I'm done with this site, and will no longer be a member here. Goodbye.

Comment

Probably late 2020 or early 2021. They're reusing assets, but they made it come across like they just started on it

Comment

They are reusing the world so most assets already exist, so I would say 2021.
                      Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Yeah, i agree with 2021. I think they made a custom trailer just to let us know it is coming. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                        X