Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll One Hundred-Eleven: How much do you think Project Scarlett will cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll One Hundred-Eleven: How much do you think Project Scarlett will cost?

Last Daily Poll was on rating E3. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...te-e3-from-1-5

At the Xbox E3 show Microsoft pulled back the lid a little bit on Project Scarlett the next generation of Xbox. It's sounds like it'll be a lot like the PS5 using a custom 3rd gen Ryzen APU most likely, with GDDR6 RAM with a custom SSD that will drastically cut load times. Last generation Microsoft lost a lot of sales since they priced the XBONE at 500 USD while the PS4 was 400 USD. I'm very certain that Microsoft is aware what put them so far behind Sony in terms of console market share and won't want to repeat the same mistakes again I'm sure Microsoft will try and price the system so that more than the Xbox faithful will throw their money at it at launch. I've heard the rumors that there will be multiple Xbox SKUs for the next gen with this poll I'm asking about the most expensive. For me I think the Scarlett will cost 500 USD with a cheaper less powerful box costing 400 USD. What do you guys think?

You can check out the video on Scarlett that's basically a carbon copy of the one they showed at E3 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktN4bycj9s

Check out the latest episode of Poll Review: https://youtu.be/MvIIS1USbFY

Check out the Daily Poll Archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    There isn't enough information for me to decide
    22.22%
    Scarlett will cost less than 400 USD
    0%
    Scarlett will cost 400 USD
    11.11%
    Scarlett will cost 500 USD
    33.33%
    Scarlett will cost 600 USD
    33.33%
    Scarlett will cost 700 or more USD
    0%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

I don't know what it might cost but I'm guessing between four or five hundred US dollars.
    Enough for a nice upgrade for my PC.
    “Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.”

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

I voted for 500, they can't do 600. I think we all remember what happened when the PS3 first launched.
      This post is only dedicated to beautiful people here tonight... it means none of you.

Comment

I'm gonna say $600 for project scarlett, and $400 for the low-power version. I really think $600 is right about where a new game console needs to be priced in 2020. Yeah the PS3 failed back in the day when it launched at $600, but that was almost 14 years ago. Inflation has caused prices to rise since then, and $600 isn't worth nearly as much as it was in 2006. A lot of people these days pay well over $600 for a new phone every couple of years. In 2006, people would have thought someone was insane for paying that much for a cell phone.
        There's no way to delete my account, so I'll just put this here:

I'm done with this site, and will no longer be a member here. Goodbye.

Comment

If we are going to speculate we can do it with data to understand how the final price is calculated. I know they can always choose losing money but I believe it is something from $600 to $700.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plays.png
Views:	1
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	55615

Click image for larger version

Name:	coste.png
Views:	1
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	55616
          Games 2019: The Last Night - Biomutant - Doom Eternal - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Mount & Blade II - Dead or Alive 6 - Tunic - Pathologic 2 - Eastshade - Scorn - A Plague Tale: Innocence - Descent (2019) - Wasteland 3 - Ancestors: The Humankinf Odyssey - Moduwar - Dawn of Man - Code Vein - Little Devil Inside - Team Sonic Racing - Street of Rage 4 - DESPERADOS 3 - Kirby Extra Epic Yarn - Void Bastards - Fimbul - The Forgotten City - The Last Campfire - Outward - Devil May Cry 5

Comment

I am divided between 500 and 600 but probably will be 500 as the initial cost on consoles is very important (the consumer does not expect more than that and if it gets too expensive tends to raise thoughts of "if is that expensive maybe I will bite the bullet and buy a pc instead"

Comment

I said 6. I don't think you can pack in all that HW for 5 and..... inflation. What was last generation's $X is this generation's $X+1.

Comment

I think it will be $599 so basically 600. But honestly I'd not be that surprised at 649 either.

Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
                Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

Whatever the price, it won't be worth it.
                  "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

A certain amount of money.
                    Celebrating over 1000 contributions of the highest quality! ?

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas_JCG View Post
                      Whatever the price, it won't be worth it.
                      I have to agree. There will likely be no exclusives for it, so the price doesn't matter. A console only works if it have something unique and appealing that only it has. Xbox has given up doing that, so there's no reason to spend money on their consoles anymore.

Comment

Whichever console I pick first, I would like to just buy a beast, spend up to spend once, then stay happy for a few years again. No more bottlenecks for the people who would complain even if the consoles were $50. They can buy the last gen consoles at the $150-250 range since everything is going to be cross gen, backwards compatible etc for at least a couple years.
                        Last edited by Dub-Z; 06-14-2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

I don't know, but it will be too much.
                          Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Same as i said here. I think they both will have different tiers of the same system. I think it is ripe to exploit this right now.

Comment

I'm not so savy with hardware and don't know how much costs what, but I think it'll definitely be around $400 dollars. A lot of times people will take cuts on the the hardware and try and make it up for the software/games.

Comment

Working...
                              X