Daily Poll 125: Do you replay games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 125: Do you replay games?

Last Daily Poll was on AAA game prices. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...-gen-aaa-games

This Daily Poll is a repeat since I'm out of ideas today. This poll was 52 and now it will be 125 as well.

A common thing game reviews mention is replay-ability how much of a reason is there to revisit a game after the credits roll. This concept is unique to single player since multiplayer games can be played endlessly as long as the servers have a population and you're not sick of the gameplay. New game plus, alternate paths and unique classes are just a few of the things devs use to try and convince you to load up a game you just beat a second, third or even fourth time. Have their attempts worked on you or are you one and done with games? Also feel free to raz me in the comments about how lazy I am.

Check out the latest episode of Poll Review: https://youtu.be/ORuNRy_MZaw

Check out the Daily Poll Archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    I replay every game I can
    19.44%
    I haven't replayed any games
    5.56%
    I've replayed one game
    0%
    I've replayed two games
    0%
    I've replayed three games
    2.78%
    I've replayed more than three games
    72.22%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Oh yeah, especially story heavy games with branching storylines. Even if they don't have a branching story I may return and replay it several months or even years later if they left a good impression on me

Comment

I've been playing computer games in one form or another since my teens, which was a long time ago.
      So I have replayed more than 3 games, but then I've been playing computer games for a long time.

But proportionally, I rarely replay games unless I REALLY like them and they are the sort of games that has replayability (open world type stuff, multiple endings, different characters etc).

Comment

I think I mentioned this in another topic. I do replay games, but it's getting harder and harder for me to replay newer games, let alone actually finish them. :\
        ​​​​​
        I'm just finding myself with very little time these days I guess, but I do replay old favorites of mine.

Comment

It’s actually good you asked this again, because my situation has changed since then.
          While I have replayed a lot of games, I have less free tome right now and come August, I’ll likely have no free time for about a month so I’m just working through my backlog right now.
          All my typos are intentional
          I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

I replay games all the damn time: If It's "worth" owning, It's worth replaying

Comment

There are a few genres that are endlessly replayable besides multiplayer. Like racing sims, strategy games, games with multiple choice options that affect the story.

If a game has a custom character creator It's unlikely that I won't play it multiple times.
              Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
              Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

These poll options are bad for a question like this. Sure, I've replayed more than three games, but I don't do it very often anymore. In fact, it's pretty rare. In the past, we didn't have a lot of money, so replaying games is what we did to make the best of what we had.
                Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

I do keep replaying most of my videogames.
                  Except those send to the black list or I just didn't enjoy that much.

Hell, right now I am re-playing Age of Empires 2 and I played that game a very long time ago (Can't believe how well it aged, like wine).
                  [ Got the HD edition on sale on steam cause I wanted some nostalgia. ]
                  ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
                  Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

A mentioned by few the poll options are a bit odd. On this type of topic it will work much better to use something like (allways, very often, occasionally, rarely, never).

In the way you describe it my answer will be rarely as I don't usually play Ng+ (but sometimes go for completion or close to) however I tend to replay classics every once in a while though...

Comment

Ah, I knew this was a repeated poll. Anyway, I replay games that I loved a lot, often as soon as I finish them.

P.S: If you are out of ideas, just take a look at the news and ask our opinions about it, or pick a game to see if people like it or are hyped about.
                      "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

People play games the amount of time they see fit.
                        Celebrating over 1000 contributions of the highest quality! ♪

Comment

I'm not counting games that are designed to be played over and over... RTS, 4x, racing, match-type games, etc. For games where you play through a story or map over multiple game play sessions, no, I don't play through those a second time. I hardly ever finish playing through them the first time!

Comment

Games that are non-linear and/or have a good story or a fun gameplay loop will always be a top contender for replaying.
                            RPGs like KotOR, DoS 2, Mass Effect series, Witcher 3 I give a spin once every 2 years or so... strategy games like StarCraft, XCOM 2, Total War: Warhammer 2, and hack n slashes like Path of Exile are always installed on my PC.
                            And of course games that I consider timeless classics like Heroes of Might and Magic 3 & 5, always find a way onto my PC from GOG for the times that I want offline fun.

Comment

Sure, sometimes I do that, most of the time to get ready for an upcoming sequel/prequel/whatever, like I recently replayed Luigi's Mansion on GC and am right now replaying Luigi's Mansion 2 on the 3DS in anticipation of Luigi's Mansion 3.
                              If a game has an NG+ that offers something new I also replay that, and of course shorter games like Shmups which are supposed to be played over and over again.
                              Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Working...
                              X