Pokemon high quality animations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hyperweasle View Post

Dynamaxing is just enlarging the pokemon with new moves. Same models with scaling adjusted, no new information really needed and then more basic coding for the moves, not much more. Witcher 3's resolution has nothing to do with storage, 540p, 720, 1080p, or 4k doesn't matter it would be the same size. Sure the textures and models are lowered for the switch, but the Witcher 3 has way more assets than Sword and Shield would ever hope to dream off and I will bet on it that the Witcher 3's world is way larger than Sword and Shield, heck it probably won't even come close to Breath or the wild. Come on, the world in Sword and Shield is like the most basic minimalist world you can get. ! large ground texture and a few trees here and there. Also Pokemon is stylized as a cartoon, to say that Pokemon Sword and Shield looks better than the Witcher 3 on switch, is like me saying Wind Waker looks better than Metroid Prime. The visuals are so wildly different that it isn't even comparable. I was comparing The Witcher 3 storage to Pokemon, because the Witcher 3 is like one of the largest games on the Switch, Breath of the Wild isn't even half the size of it. However the only way we will see who's right is when it's released and we get to see the size of the game.
    Clearly, you know nothing about game development and are stupidly ignorant and hoping that somehow I'm even more so. Since I'm not and you have no idea what you're talking about, we are done. My time is worth more than trying to explain basics to someone who is this stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by RepentantSky View Post
      Clearly, you know nothing about game development and are stupidly ignorant and hoping that somehow I'm even more so. Since I'm not and you have no idea what you're talking about, we are done. My time is worth more than trying to explain basics to someone who is this stupid.
      The classic "I don't know what the heck I'm talking about, so ur stoopid" defense. Hyperweasle is on point. uses the same models from XYUltra Sun and Ultra MoonSword and ShieldBreath of the Wild? And that game is only 14 GB! Therefore your "the region is too big" excuse is also lacking.

Last edited by Thomas_JCG; 07-11-2019, 04:16 PM. Reason: Spell check
      "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You know what especially baffles me? All of Gen 1 should already be up to their standards for the Nintendo Switch, considering all of them appeared in the Let's Go game. If there's one gen of Pokemon I expected to be fully represented, it's that one, but they've fragmented even that. They have literally no excuses, unless importing is just such a hassle for them.

Comment

Originally posted by MetroidJunkie View Post
          They have literally no excuses, unless importing is just such a hassle for them.
          PlatinumPlatinum and Y

Comment

Last edited by BlueWizard; 07-12-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Once again, the issue isn't about the graphics. EVERYONE knows that gameplay is better than graphics. However, this is Gamefreak's first mainline Pokemon game on a console and you think they'd pull out all the stops. Good graphics, good animations, good gameplay..etc. instead the games looks like a lazy port of a 3DS game with copied animations and a pathetically low poly environment. If Gamefreak wasn't going to put in the effort then they should have stayed on handhelds.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkinpoy View Post
                Once again, the issue isn't about the graphics. EVERYONE knows that gameplay is better than graphics. However, this is Gamefreak's first mainline Pokemon game on a console and you think they'd pull out all the stops. Good graphics, good animations, good gameplay..etc. instead the games looks like a lazy port of a 3DS game with copied animations and a pathetically low poly environment. If Gamefreak wasn't going to put in the effort then they should have stayed on handhelds.
                The reason people are scrutinizing the graphics is because Game Freak is doing away with the National Dex in favor of "better animations". But as we all can see, that's a big fat lie.

Comment

Here is another example of how utterly incompetent Game Freak is. A Chinese bootleg for MOBILE mde by a bunch of amateurs has far, FAR better animations than a multi-billion dollar company working on the most powerful Nintendo console:

Comment

• Necromancerx69
                    Necromancerx69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also saw that, I laugh all day to the points my neighbours called the police. xD
                    [ Jk, not really, but I did laugh a lot. ]

Originally posted by Thomas_JCG View Post

The reason people are scrutinizing the graphics is because Game Freak is doing away with the National Dex in favor of "better animations". But as we all can see, that's a big fat lie.

LMAO. That bullshit excuse makes me laugh.

Comment

UPDATE!!!
                    Pokemon Sword and Shield are not making new models of existing Pokemons it was all a bad translation from an article and someone already made comparisons of the new Sword / Shield models with old models using Pokemon Let's Go with old 3DS games.

They are the SAME MODELS!
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C637:358&composite-to%3D*%2C*%7C637%3A358&background-color=black.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.8 KB ID:	58952

[ Thanks to RuffledRowlit for the video ]
                    Last edited by Necromancerx69; 07-15-2019, 12:28 AM.
                    ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
                    Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

• Thomas_JCG
                      Thomas_JCG commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hmm, yeah, we knew about that long ago. My first post in this page explains the trick they used to "update" the graphics.

Using the same models and animations (The textures needed to be improved, though, because the 3DS lacks in the RAM department) wouldn't have been a big deal in my eyes, if they had actually included all of the Pokemon. Since they severely slashed the content compared to previous games and used animations and graphics as their excuse, then it becomes especially damning when they're actually really mediocre. The worst part is, they don't seem to have any interest of fixing it. When people criticized Bloodstained Ritual of the Night's graphics, Igarashi actually listened and uplifted the visuals in a huge way so that, now, it looks gorgeous. I don't suspect Gamefreak will do the same, they've become complacent and they think Pokemon will sell no matter what.

Comment

• Thomas_JCG
                      Thomas_JCG commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's because Igarashi is actually a competent person, while Junichi Masuda (Sword and Shield game director) is a lazy moron that bleeds excuses.
                  Working...
                  X