Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 138: Will the Switch Lite be successful?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 138: Will the Switch Lite be successful?

Last Daily Poll was on the end of the Steam Summer Sale. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...am-summer-sale

The Switch Lite was revealed yesterday. A smaller more colorful redesign of the original Switch with less features. No HD rumble, detachable Joycons or HDMI output makes the Switch Lite mostly unnecessary for current Switch owners. I personally think that's this is targeted at the 3DS market which can only stomach cheap console purchases. Parents with kids that want to play Sword and Shield will make this fly off the shelf. No detachable controllers and a cheaper price point is bound to appeal to parents with young kids who don't always treat hardware with the greatest amount of care. Those are just my thoughts anyway what about you guys? With this Poll I'm just asking if you think it'll be a commercial success, the quality of the hardware and it's value are up to debate regardless.

Check out the latest episode of Poll Review: https://youtu.be/zn_TmhfEmwM

Check out the daily poll archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...eZa5loUQvE-SI/
    The Switch Lite will be a success
    23.81%
    The Switch Lite will be a failure
    0%
    The Switch Lite will have an average amount of success
    52.38%
    There isn't enough information for me to decide
    23.81%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

I'm sure it will do well. Not as well as the Switch itself, but it will be good for kids and people who want to spend less.

Still, I'm hoping for a powered up Switch.

Comment

Nintendo's dicks really get hard for gimmicks. I see this being about as successful as the 2DS, which was so handicapped it failed to see mass appeal. No removable controllers? The best game, Breath of the Wild, is now impossible to do a 100% run due to the lack of motion control from the fixed controllers.

I hope they significantly discount it. Last time they did this they gave a negligible discount on the superior versions price point. If they dont learn from that, it wont sell well.
      Steam ID: Saul15 Discord: Trout#3435
      I love strategy games and coop shooters, lets play sometime.

Comment

• Balta666
        Balta666 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not sure about that. Nintendo website does not mention lack of motion features in the lite. The only thing missing is the IR camera but that is not commonly used

• Hyperweasle
        Hyperweasle commented
        Editing a comment
        Isn't it just for the puzzles, because that can be worked around with the Switch Lite having a gyroscope.

Hey, let's take the already weakest console of this generation and make it even weaker! What a great idea!
      Click here for all my game reviews. or Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991

Comment

It's Nintendo.
        The rubes will buy it.
        An average amount of success.
        "We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

It'll do well, especially with younger audiences. Parents don't wanna spend $300 on a console their kid could break, but $200 for one that honestly looks much sturdier than the original plus comes in cool colors is way easier of a pill to swallow. Get that and Pokemon for for your kid's Christmas and both your wallet and your kid will be much happier. I know my sister said she'll want one, if only to play the new Animal Crossing and Mario Odyssey.

Comment

It won't do the same kind of sales numbers as the original model, but it will easily find its niche and turn a healthy profit for Nintendo.
            The corporations are not our friends, and many are ideologically opposed to us. If we want to see our style of entertainment survive, we must not rely on them to make it for us. We need to start making the kind of content we want to see.

Comment

It’s pretty pointless if you already have a Switch, but its a nice
              alternative if you currently can’t afford a Switch, and don’t mind not being able to play on a TV. I’m sure it’ll sell just fine.
              Last edited by WickedWolf; 07-11-2019, 06:30 PM.
              All my typos are intentional
              I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

I was apparently wrong about Nintendo not having a new hardware iteration before the end of this year, so hell if I know.
                Discord: Eighto#9019

Comment

Yes I think it will.
                  Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Of course it will. The Switch is successful, any other version of it should do well without much worry.

Comment

It'll do ok. a Budget Switch. It'll probably pick up the 3ds market.

Comment

Hard to call, but it seems so handicapped? The lure of the Switch is that it can so easily switch between a handheld and console - right? Without that it is just a tablet with joy cons attached (permanently). No rumble, no motion controls it literally is any ol' android tablet with perma controls attached to it. What happens if you break one of those controls (for whatever reason)? You will need to buy a whole new system. Not for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X