No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 139: Is G2A a good company?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 139: Is G2A a good company?

Last Daily Poll was on the Switch Lite. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...-be-successful

I'm really late to this news so I'm sure most of you are aware of the recent news about G2A trying to bribe game journos to put out their article defending their market for money. I've known of G2A for a long time before this I refuse to buy anything from a store that requires me to pay them monthly just so I don't get scammed. Devs hate G2A as well since a lot of keys are bought with stolen debit/credit cards and doing chargebacks as well as losing revenue from a greymarket is a big headache. I've thought for a long time that G2A is a bad company and their recent gaffe just proves it to me even more. That is just my opinion what about you guys?

Check out the latest episode of Poll Review: https://youtu.be/zn_TmhfEmwM

Check out the daily poll archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...eZa5loUQvE-SI/
    I think G2A is a good company
    7.50%
    I think G2A is a bad company
    52.50%
    I don't care about G2A
    25.00%
    I don't know enough about G2A to decide if they're good or bad
    15.00%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

I feel evil today, so I voted with G2A being a good company (plot twist, is not).

[ Joke aside, as long they make EA lose money, I am happy. Is it wrong? Sure, but then again it's EA. ]
    ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
    Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

Judging by their recent conduct I think G2A is a stupid company. Which is a much bigger problem than evil in the world.
      And proof of that is their G2A Shield service which was an open statement that "we know fraud is going on our site, and we're not going to do anything about it"
      And then this letter they sent out, which I'm absolutely sure wasn't done by a rogue employee. It has all the marks of an extremely stupid and arrogant leader.

Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
      Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

I'm gonna be honest. I've never heard of this company before. Seems to be for the best though.

Comment

Used to buy from them until I almost got burnt because they are fine with people having misleading listing. I bought a key that was listed as global, but if you were to check below the listing, just out of view BTW, it listed like 30 countries the key would not work in. It was most likely a EU key that would not work in the US. I tried to file a complaint, but I didn't get a response till several days after and as soon as I realized the buyer was doubling down on their misleading listing. As soon as I realized that it was going no where and was afraid that if I kept on the shenanigans that it would be too late to get my money back from Pay Pal. So I just filed a complaint with Pay pal and since G2A didn't respond I got my money back and deleted my account. I admit I was stupid, but cheap game keys are really enticing when you are low on money and piracy tend to lead to other problems I don't want to put up with.
          Violence doesn't solve anything, my block list does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myWaa6xvPZ4

Comment

G2A is a really bad company, it's almost as bad as EA.

Comment

Not really mad at them. They sell keys.

Comment

When you ask people to pirate your game rather than buy it from a company, that means said company is really shit

Comment

G2A has been getting negative press for a while.
                  Where there's smoke, there's fire.

What!?
                  Poll has no beverage option.
                  Even Vodka is better than nothing.
                  "We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Comment

I would say the are only good if you know the key your getting has been from humble/official keysellers. and only then if the seller has Multiple thousands/ of Buyers all with an average rating of 98% ... other wise. dont ever go there for anything. its not worth it. places like isthereanydeal are Far better for finding deals

Comment

• Bolo
                      Bolo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There protection service is a complete joke.

Since I hate publishers like Ubisoft I actually would rather get their game via G2A over anything else just to spite them tbh.

Comment

• Thomas_JCG
                      Thomas_JCG commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Why not just pirate them?

• xXDibbs
                      xXDibbs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It can be a bit of a pain to track down where to pirate a game from.

G2A lost my business. I love the idea of a site you can sell legit keys for games you do not want or got cheap and sell for a profit. That is capitalism, we do with physical goods all the time.
                    A lot of software manufactures get mad there stuff gets sold cheap and they do not get a penny from the second hand sell. Well stuff shit, I want to sell a key to some software I got as part of a bundle for what ever reason I want is my own business. Ebay and Amazon make a lot of money that way.
                    The issue I have with G2A is the stolen credit cards and charge backs. They need to police there site better and seem to enjoy being pricks about the subject credit card theft. Also there protection policy is a joke.

Comment

Yeah, I would say a company that makes money from scams is bad.
                      "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Never bought anything from them, but apparently they are worse than cancer itself upon a company.

Comment

Several years ago I won a $100 giftcard for G2A in another websites christmas raffle, which I exchanged into PSN funds which I payed the most of my PS3's digital library with without problem, but I never spent my own money there. Bribing journos for good coverage though is pretty bad.
                          Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Working...
                          X