Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 151: Would you rather have Activision be bought out by Disney or Apple?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 151: Would you rather have Activision be bought out by Disney or Apple?

Last Daily Poll was on Hollywood actors being in movies. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...in-video-games

There have been rumors flying around that Activision is looking to sellout and the companies that net thinks they could sellout to would be either Apple or Disney. I consider Apple and Disney to be two of the most powerful brands on the planet. Activision is a massive presence in the gaming industry and how far they could extend their reach with Apple or Disney money scares me that this industry would become even more neutered and corporate than it already is. I'd rather that not happen but I'm not too confident that entertainment won't get homogenized as the cloud gets better.

Check out the daily poll archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...eZa5loUQvE-SI/
    Apple should buy Activision
    0%
    Disney should buy Activision
    4.44%
    Activision should remain independant
    40.00%
    I don't care if Activision is bought or not
    48.89%
    There isn't enough information for me to decide
    6.67%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

So the options are:

The shittiest tech company buys the shittiest game publisher, or the shittiest hollywood studio buys the shittiest game publisher, thanks I pass on both of those accounts. Either way the end result is disaster.
    Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
    Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

• Cpt.TurboSquirrel
      Cpt.TurboSquirrel commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly my thoughts on this

• mmetalfan
      mmetalfan commented
      Editing a comment
      lol I view it the same way

The two most insidious, megalomaniacal companies in the consumer market.

Comment

Assuming that one has to buy them out, I'd pick Disney, because at least then they could put some actual game developers in charge of it, instead of Apple who can't. I'd rather it just be left alone though. No one wins if Activision is bought, espeically Spyro and Crash fans.

Comment

Where is the option for 'I hope Activision goes bankrupt"?
        "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I doubt they will be bought out since the stock would grow with the people anticipating the purchase. With that being said, I could see another company buying Activision over Disney or Apple. Maybe Microsoft or
          Tencent.

Comment

Let them sink or swim on their own.
            "We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Comment

No one should buy them, they are bad enough like this, don't need Disney's garbage forced into it.
              Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Now I am curious to who voted Disney buying Activision. xD xD xD xD xD
                [ No, just no... ]
                ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
                Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

Activision is still around? Shit, I'd imagine I could buy them out for about 20 bucks, same as Namco or Atari.
                  Steam ID: Saul15 Discord: Trout#3435
                  I love strategy games and coop shooters, lets play sometime.

Comment

Id literally trust actual honest to god Russian hackers over either of those 2 companies...though activision itself isn't any better.

Comment

as long as they treat their staff and customers like sh*t [and skipping paying their taxes] i will not be buying another game from them
                      Death to the demoness Allegra Geller

Comment

And again I ask in return, what would you rather have for breakfast: a human turd that's been peed on by twenty AIDS patients, or a rhino turd with strange white specks on top that's also been infused with the smallpox virus?
                        Xbox Live: Goldnfoxx
                        PSN: Goldenfoxx
                        Nintendo: SW-5996-7611-3106
                        Steam: Goldenfoxx / [email protected]

Comment

Sony, probably the only company I trust to redeem them and has the financial ability to do so.

Comment

Just keep as little outside influence on the VG industry as possible
                            This post is only dedicated to beautiful people here tonight... it means none of you.

Comment

Working...
                            X